one

Aviators adorned his electric blue eyes even though it was dark out

Aviators adorned his electric blue eyes even though it was dark out. One arm rested on the window which had been rolled down, and the other held the steering wheel. 

The cool wind blew Damon's dark hair around, though due to the Californian heat some of his raven locks were stuck to his forehead and temples with sweat. But he didn't seem to mind.

As his blue 1969 Chevy Camaro convertible sped down the desert highway, Damon finally felt at ease. After years of putting up with Mystic Falls and all the bullshit that came with it, he finally packed up, got in his car and began to drive.

He had no plan, no Elena nagging him about his lack of morality, but best of all, Damon had no responsibilities. He didn't know the people there, he didn't owe them anything. To them, he was just another tourist passing through.

He fished his buzzing cellphone out of his back pocket, holding it to his ear as he answered, "Stefan!"

"Damon, where the hell are you?" His little brother demanded through the receiver.

"Far, far away."

"You have to get back to Mystic Falls – "

"I don't have to do anything," Damon cut him off. "I left for a reason. But don't you worry, I'm sure I'll be back eventually."

"Damon – " Stefan was cut off once again.

"Bye, Stef," he spoke before hanging up and carelessly tossing the cellphone into the backseat.

By now, his head had begun to grow heavy, and because he didn't want to wreck his car, Damon decided to find somewhere to stop for the night.

At first, he wasn't sure if his senses were fooling him or not, but the more he drove the stronger the smell of cannabis got. He found himself wondering where the smell came from.

His questions were answered as the shimmering lights of a stingy hotel sign got bigger and bigger until he was pulled up outside of the surprisingly large, and fancy looking, building.

Damon pulled off his aviators, revealing his intensely blue eyes which, even under the pale moonlight, seemed so enticing. He tossed the sunglasses onto the seat next to him and got out of his car, not bothering to put the top back on. His heavy boots made loud footsteps as he made his way to the door.

He could tell something was off. His instincts were telling him to run for his life, to get out of there while he still could, but instead, he walked right in.