six

Damon sat at the bar, his fingers loosely wrapped around a glass of bourbon

Damon sat at the bar, his fingers loosely wrapped around a glass of bourbon. His electric blue eyes stayed glued on her, watching as her hips swayed to the rhythm of the music, her long fingers running wild.

Not wanting to see Penelope's body pressed up against one of the pretty boys she called a friend, Damon downed the rest of his drink and stood up.

He sauntered over to her, his hands instantly finding their way to her hips. The light layer of sweat on her skin glistened in the warm California summer sun.

She leant back into him, her blue manicured fingertips running through his hair; her voice was barely a whisper, "I'm glad you decided to stay a while."

"You and me both," Damon's lips brushed against her neck, sending shivers running down her spine.

A grin broke out on her red painted lips once more as the words left his mouth. Penelope pulled away from his body, her long fingers wrapping around his wrist.

"Let's get out of here," the blonde tugged lightly. "Although, I'll warn you now, if you come with me you won't be on the road until at least tomorrow."

Damon hesitated for a moment, debating with himself on whether or not he should follow the insanely attractive woman in front of him.

His hesitation almost saved his life.

"I suppose I could stay another night."

Almost.