Natasha: Trust Issues

Prologue.

September 28 2012.

"You worthless piece of shit. I wish I had listened to your father and aborted you-"

"Mum... please stop" I cried.

"Shut up! Don't call me that. I am not your mother, you filthy whore. You've done nothing but cause trouble ever since you were born. I should've done this a long time ago."

"But I was raped", I said. "He forced me into it. Why don't you believe me?"

"Paul is my Fiance. He would not do that to me, he loves me. The day he walked through that door, I saw the way you looked at him. Barely a teenager and you're already dropping your knickers. Pure filth." My mother spat as she packed my last suitcase.

The door bell rang.

My mother pushed passed me to answer it. I saw it coming; the three bedroom flat my mother, step dad and two siblings lived in was a tight squeeze.

"Good afternoon Jeanette, I'm Lorraine." Said an unfamiliar voice.

"Come in, come in." my mother beckoned.

I stood at the entrance to the kitchen and looked on. I didn't know who this woman was, but it was a relief knowing that someone outside the immediate family was here. Everything was so tense between me and mum, I thought she would lash out and hit me off-guard.

"Is this Natasha?" The woman asked me. I nodded my head. "I'm Lorraine, your new social worker."

"Social worker?" I looked at my mum. "Why do I need a social worker?"

"Why did you think I was packing your bags, Natasha? I had already told you you're leaving my house." Said my mum.

"So you're here to take me away?" I said, trying not to cry. I didn't want to look weak.

"Your mother contacted social services the morning following the incident. We've found you an emergency placement." said the social worker. The relief quickly turned into fear.

"Which incident?" I asked.

"Don't act stupid, Natasha." Said my mum. "You led Paul on. You threw yourself at a grown man. My fiance!"

A tear ran down my face. I couldn't hold it back anymore. After what seemed like an eternity of talking; it was time.

"I'll put your suitcases in the car." said Lorraine, with that she picked up my two pieces of luggage and made off for the front door.

"You thought I was joking when I told you you're leaving. Bye bitch. Good riddance." My mum whispered in my ear as she pushed me in Lorraine's direction.

I walked past the living room, inside was my little sister, Tiana. Older brother, Tyler and Him. My step-dad. My rapist.

It was obvious Tiana had been crying; her big brown eyes were red and puffy. I felt my heart drop and shatter into a million pieces. I loved her a lot... Unlike my brother. It was his fault I was in this predicament. He knew what Paul did that night, but he covered for him. As I walked past him, his eyes were locked on mine. He showed no emotion. Nothing. Paul, however, didn't even have the decency to look at me. I shook my head.

Lorraine, mum and I entered the lift and got to the ground floor. My mum helped Lorraine put my suitcases into the boot of Lorraine's Jeep. Seemed like she was speeding up the process of me leaving.

"Goodbye, Lorraine. Speak to you soon." And with that she was gone, back into the lift. She didn't even say bye to me. By now, the tears were streaming down my cheeks.

I looked up and saw Tiana looking down at me from the balcony. She blew me a kiss. I received it, and held it to my heart. For I knew this was one I would have to cherish for a long time.

I got into the car and cried. I hadn't cried like that in such a long time. I taught myself how to bottle in emotions.

"I know how you feel, Natasha, but don't worry. You'll be staying with Lucille until we find somewhere more suitable. She really is lovely, she has two other children, though, they've grown up and left home. Lucille is a primary school teacher, isn't that nice?" I felt her gaze at me as we approached a red traffic light. "There's also another girl there, I believe she's sixteen. You'll both get along. And you'll also get your own room."

I rested my head on the glass and shut my eyes. This woman wouldn't shut up, gosh. I felt like crap, I was nervous, confused, scared... everything. I didn't know where I was going, who I was going to meet; and that's what shook me the most.

I said a short prayer after the car pulled up in a large driveway.

This was it.

HELLA DRAMAS GOING TO UNFOLD JUST WAIT ON IT 👀👀🌚 LOL ;) PLEASE VOTE & COMMENT. ITS HIGHLY APPRECIATED 💖 x