Chapter 17

Once Nila is completely unconscious, Adrian grabs his belongings. Making sure to pour the bowl of marshmallows in his black and blue backpack which majority of it is made out of a breathable, water-resistant mesh. The raging storm that he took notice of before is most definitely above them now, he'll have to move quickly if he wants to stay ahead of the mutated Rhinoceros herd. He almost zips up the bag but remembers something and turns away to grab his fake ID from off the dusty shelf in his room. Completely unaware of the little furry creature climbing into his bag to have a feast on some marshmallows.

Adrian turns back around, zips the bag up and make his way over to Nila. With a peaceful smile on his face, he puts his arms underneath the sleeping girl and picks her up bridal style. She looks so at ease when she's asleep. Her eyes are closed shut, showing off her dark, thick eyelashes and she breathes at a normal pace. Good thing he knew how much of the sleeping chemical to give her. With a determined look on his face, he pokes his head around his doorway, looking up and down for the sight of any bystanders and starts to jog towards the bunkers emergency back exit. Which Sanctuary boarded up years ago. Nila's now long, silky hair swaying with every step.

------------------------

Riley straightens his back and let's out a huff of air in confidence as he strides towards the room at the end of the hall. Expecting Nila to be in there with Adrian. Though, he couldn't care less if Adrian is indeed in the room, taking Kaitlyn's helpful words into consideration. The withering door at the end of the hall is open a crack and there's no voices coming from inside. The worst scenarios come springing into Riley's mind but he pushes them aside as he grabs the black shiny doorknob and opens the door fully.

Though what he expected to see isn't there. There's no Nila. No Adrian, present anywhere in the room. Full of confusion, Riley scratches his head and jogs down the hallway to Nila's room, two doors down from his.

"Nila? You in there? Look, I'm sorry about earlier. I can't express how stupid that was," he says, waiting for a reply on the other side of the door but Nila's voice doesn't come. "Nila?" he says again, panic evident in his voice.

In distress, he pries open Nila's bedroom door and hurries inside. 'She, she's not here?' he thinks in panic.

Eventually, after searching the whole area of Sanctuary, Riley can't help but fear the worst. First, he knocks on Kaitlyn's door, to help him find their lost friend. Then the couple sprint to the farms where once again, everyone is all set up for a movie night.

"Naite! Friday!" Kaitlyn yells across the fields.

Friday slowly turns around, her black hair done up in a bun, she's wearing a fancy short red dress which she decided to borrow from one of the boxes full of Old Earth objects. She looks quite pretty tonight, with black flats to accompany her dress and a bold red lipstick on her lips. Friday is laughing and chatting away with, of all people, Dimitri. In fact, everyone seems to be a bit dressed up tonight. And Kaitlyn wonders what the occasion is. Meanwhile Naite is drinking with Jeffery.

"We can't find Nila or Adrian. Anywhere!" Riley yells at them and the two exchange glances at each other from across the room. Eventually, they worriedly jog over.

"What do you mean you can't find her?" Naite asks, furrowing  his eyebrows.

"She's disappeared, so has Adrian."

Fridays mouth drops open, looking worried. Nila wouldn't just leave, she's smarter than that. With this sudden disspearance, all they can do is think the worst. That Eden has her.

"Oh blimey..." Naite mumbles. "And you've searched down the south end of the bunker, where all the rooms are?" he asks, earning a nod from both Kaitlyn and Riley.