Prologue

She ran, actually no, that was a lie; she sprinted. Her breath came out in small puffs of air as she held hands with Ezro and passed the purple hallway. She heard the creature behind her catching up. Tears of defeat were threatening to roll down her cheeks, but she kept them in.

            “Malia, we can’t keep this up,” she heard Ezro complain worriedly. She shook her head violently and started to turn doorknobs, slowly at first, and then rapidly. All of them were locked. She felt fear creep up her spine. Finally a doorknob turned and they rushed into a room. Ezro slammed the door behind him and they heard a shriek from the monster outside. Then nothing.

            Malia turned around to see a dark shadow appear in front of them. She shook violently and she felt Ezro stiffen. The shadow approached them slowly and cautiously. Ezro took a step forward and she tried to hold him back. Suddenly the shadow held a scythe and came closer to the young man.

“Ezro, move! Death’s coming,” Malia cried desperately to her friend, but Ezro didn’t hear her. He was too focused on the mystical and powerful creature in front of him. The shadow suddenly swiped the scythe across the man’s body. Malia cried out in grief, screaming. Ezro slumped to the floor, and stayed unmoving.

The scary creature started to approach the girl. As he grew closer she could see a grin on his face.

“Too late now, Malia.”

Red eyes. 

**************************************************

A/N: So this is my first novella that I've actually finished. And I still edit it to no end. This is my latest edit of it (the whole story). Hope you like it :)