Chapter 4

(Y/N)'s P.O.V

I woke up really early for some reason. I look down and see Ruby is still fast asleep so it couldn't have been her. I activate my semblance and see that some of the cracks have grown.

"Shadow!" I yell. The shadowy me appears in front of me.

"Hello," He says.

"What happened, I got woken up?" I ask. Shadow just shrugs.

"You are truly no help my friend," I say ready to leave. "I'm not a friend, I'm a d̠̺̤̮̮̺̠ͯ͐̓ͯ̄̽̓̚͢͝iͤͥͩ̇ͨ͏̹̫͕̙̹͈ͅs̴̨̧̰͕̘̤̆͋̔͌͐̂e̛̮̭̓̐͝ḁ̞͇̻͚ͬͦͮͯ́s̵̱̰͇̙̬̞͙̥̐̑̄͐͢ĕ̷̯͎̱̭̱̼ͧͪ͜," He reminds me. I sigh and exit my mind once more watching as shadow waves goodbye.

As I re-enter the real world I am met with Ruby staring at me. "Yes?" I ask looking into her eyes. She grows a light blush.

"Last night-" she starts, but I cut her off by putting a finger up to her lips.

"Listen, Rubes, we will talk about it, just not right now, alright?" I say with pleading eyes. Ruby just nods and I take my finger away from her lips.

"Hey (Y/N), you wanna come visit mom with me?" Ruby asks excitedly. I smile knowing my little sister is still herself even if she's in love with me.

"Sure rubes, after breakfast alright?" I say standing up and stretching. Ruby suddenly hugs me from behind. "Thanks!" She says happily before rushing downstairs.

I smile again as I get changed and start to head downstairs. Both Ruby and Yang are sitting at the table talking happily.

"You're really gonna have me make breakfast?" I ask still tired.

"I don't know how to cook," Yang says.

"I can make cookies!" Ruby says happily.

I sigh and start getting everything to make breakfast. As I cook I start to think about what we're going to do today. Besides visiting Summer, I don't have anything planned. After I finish breakfast I pass them the plates along with some pancakes.

"Thank you!" They both say excitedly as they pour syrup on their pancakes. I sit down and have to stop Ruby from overflowing her pancakes with syrup and probably having a sugar crash later.

After breakfast, me and Ruby start getting ready to leave.

"Yang we're going to see Summer. You wanna come?" I ask.

"Nah, I'll visit another time. I've got people that really wanna hang out so it'll probably just be you and Ruby most the day. Now get out I'm gonna change," She says as she starts taking off her shirt. I quickly leave knowing if I stayed I would've got punched through a wall.

"Ruby, you ready to go?!" I yell upstairs. She doesn't respond, but as I watch I start to see a red flash along with rose petals. I was about to try and dodge out the way, but Ruby stops in front of me.

"Ready!" Ruby says excitedly. She's definitely gotten better with her semblance, she would've crashed into me when she was younger.