Chapter 5

(Y/N)'s P.O.V

I finish remembering that day. "The day I discovered my semblance?" I ask just to make sure. Ruby nods happily holding my arm to her chest.

"Yeah, that's the one! You were so cool!" She squeals excitedly.

"Ruby if that seemed cool to you I'm sure I could impress you even more," I say with a cocky smile. Wait, I'm supposed to be telling her she shouldn't fall in love with her brother. Ruby nods enthusiastically.

"You've already done so much to impress me," She says kissing my cheek. I'm gonna hate myself for this, aren't I?

"Ruby I only love you as a sister," I say in a somewhat harsh tone. Ruby looks down, a little sad before letting me go and laying her head on my lap while staring up at me. I give her a small smile while running my hand through her hair.

"I didn't think you would feel the same way," Ruby says quietly.

"You know Ruby, for still being pretty young you're acting very mature," I tell her, still running my hand through her hair.

"(Y/N)?" Ruby starts, "I know you don't see me as a lover right now, but do you ever think you could?" That question makes me think on all the good and bad times I've had with Ruby.

"Who knows Rubes, maybe I will one day," I say shrugging. Ruby jumps up after I say that, kissing me on the cheek.

"I'll try extra hard then," She says with the brightest smile I've ever seen on her before. I give Ruby a bright smile along with a thumbs up. Although it may be wrong to love your siblings me and Ruby aren't technically related so I'll wish her the best of luck just as I always have.

"Well then (Y/N), I'd like to ask you out on a date," Ruby says proudly. I can't help but smile at her determination.

"Alright, Ruby I'll go," I say standing up. Ruby jumps with joy before grabbing my hand a running us both outside. Pretty soon we're in town.

"Alright Rubes, what do you want to do?" I ask as Ruby clings to my arm.

"I'm happy with whatever as long as I can do it with you," She says smiling up at me.

"Alright, how about an amusement park then?" Ruby nods enthusiastically at my idea and we make our way to the amusement park. Along the way I could've sworn I had seen some boy with cat ears and a tail walking with a pink and brown haired girl. I decided it'd be best to ignore it, not like it's my life anyway. When we get to the amusement park Ruby starts to look around.

"What do you want to do?" I ask. "Um, oh let's go on that one," Ruby says pointing to the biggest ride this place has.

"You sure?" I asked looking towards the long line of people. Ruby nods happily a pulls me along to the end of the line.

"Ruby this thing says it's gonna take over an hour to get on," I say pointing to a sign.

"Oh, um, that's a long time, should we do something else?" Ruby asked, but before I can answer some guy comes up to us. He's wearing a red SnapBack hat, red hoodie, white t-shirt, black pants, and white shoes. He also has red sunglasses that make sure you can't see his eyes.

"Hello, you two," The man greets.

"Uh, hi?" I say questionably. "Hello!" Ruby says happily.

"You know this seems like a long line to wait in, wouldn't it be great if you were just at the front?" The man asks.

"Yeah, that'd be awesome," Ruby says.

"Great, that's what I wanna hear!" The man says happily. "I'll take you two to the front then, just follow me," The man says leading us to some stairs.

"Excuse me, but can I ask why you're doing this," I say pretty confused.

"Oh, my creator- I mean boss said that I could pick out the last two people in line a bring them up," The man says with a smile.

"Guess we got pretty lucky, huh Ruby," I say to which Ruby nods enthusiastically.

"Sure, luck," The man says, almost to quiet to hear.

As we reach the top of the stairs some carts just arrive ready to take the next riders. The man takes us straight to the front of the line and seats us in the first cart.

"Alright, you two have a good time and a good day. I won't be here after the ride, so good luck on your date," The man says bending down and smiling at us.

"Thanks, would you mind if we at least knew your name?" I ask seeing as how now we didn't have to wait in that gigantic line. The man smiles.

"The names Flare, kid." He says standing up.

"Thank you," Ruby says happily.

"No problem," Flare says tipping the front of his hat. "Can't have the chapter being too long," I manage to hear him say before he walks into the small booth to start the roller coaster.

"Alright everyone, keep your hands and feet inside the carts at all times, and please make sure your seat belts are nice and tight," Flare says over the intercom. Some other employees check our seatbelts and give Flare a thumbs up.

"Great, now we'll get started in 3, 2, 1, have a great ride," He finishes as the roller coaster takes off downhill.

As we're going downhill the wind rushes through my hair and the nice breeze from before is moving past us so fast you can't even feel it anymore. The screams of people from all around are heard throughout the ride. Ruby puts her hands happy and I do the same just enjoying the ride. There are loops, we go downhill, uphill, and even underground at one point throughout the ride. When the ride finishes we get off and just as Flare had said, he was no longer there. It's a little sad we couldn't thank him better, but he seemed to happy before we left.

"Ready to go on another ride?" I ask. Ruby nods happily as we start to walk down a different set of stairs from when we were with Flare. In fact, when I look around I can't even find the stairs we had taken before.

The rest of day me and Ruby go on a bunch of different roller coasters and play games until finally, it's time to go home.

"Did you have fun?" I ask Ruby as we walk back home. "Yeah, how about you?" She asks back.

"Yeah, that was great," I tell her.

"So any luck on changing your thoughts about me?" Ruby asked with a nervous smile.

"Maybe just a little, but definitely not enough," I said patting her head. Ruby seems to perk up just from hearing that and she hugs me.

"I'll keep trying then," She says excitedly. I kiss her forehead.

"And I'll support you the whole way."