Chapter 9

Ruby's P.O.V

I woke up to the morning sun shining through the windows. I rub my eyes, trying to adjust to the light. When I'm done I see a shadowy figure staring down at (Y/N). He turns to face me. "Good morning, Ruby," He says.

"Shadow is that you?" I ask in a tired tone. "Yes, it is," Shadow says simply.

"How did you get here?" I ask confused.

"No need to worry about that, you won't remember me soon enough anyway," Shadow says holding up a finger gun and aiming it towards (Y/N). A dark mist comes off the tip of his finger.

Yang suddenly barges through the door, causing Shadow to sigh. "Ruby! (Y/N)! Get up!" She shouts. Yang notices Shadow and stares at him for a second.

"Shadow, what are you doing here?" She asks. Shadow lowers his finger gun and turns to her.

"Your brothers time is up, and I'm here to take him away," Shadow says.

"What?" Yang asks with a slight hint of anger in her voice. "I'll explain this only once. Your sister here doesn't know how to properly use those silver eyes, they can do many things including curing this diseased semblance. So, in short, it's Ruby's fault your brother is dead," Shadow shrugs.

I feel tears begin to form in my eyes as I look down at (Y/N). "I'm so sorry," I say crying as I hug his lifeless body. I turn just a little to see Yang try and punch Shadow, only for her fist to go straight through his body.

"You said you didn't know how to cure the disease," Yang says as tears begin forming in her eyes. "I didn't," Shadow sighs. Yang wipes her tears trying to hold them back. "What do you mean?" She asks in a threatening tone.

"Listen up, there are two reasons I never said the cure for this disease. Number one, it would kill me and why would I want that. Number two, I only learned it the day after (Y/N) forgot pretty much everything. The more he forgot, the more I remembered, I'm basically like the Grimm Reaper for his family," Shadow says looking down at (Y/N).

"You know, I had planned to erase everyone's memories about (Y/N), but you two have caused me so much trouble that I'm gonna let you keep them and remember that it was your fault (Y/N) died," Shadow says holding up his finger gun again.

The dark mist comes off his finger again. Yang tackles Shadow only to go right through him. "You know, (Y/N) was the first one to ever fail at figuring out how to cure it, and the only one that had the resource so close to him throughout his life," Shadow says pulling the trigger on his finger gun. "I won't miss you two," Shadow says before the world goes black leaving us in complete darkness.

...

...

...

...

...

I woke up in a panic, breathing heavily trying to catch my breath. Then it hits me, everything Shadow just said. I quickly get out my bed and rush over to (Y/N)'s room. When I get there I see Yang standing in the doorway with tears in her eyes. I look around the room and see there's no trace of (Y/N) anywhere. I look back at Yang and see her standing there with tears in her eyes. I feel the tears form in my eyes as well. Yang and I hug sobbing onto each other's shoulders.

(Y/N)'s P.O.V

I opened my eyes to see nothing, but darkness. "Where am I?" I ask aloud. Shadow suddenly appears in front of me.

"Welcome to our version of Hell... or Heaven," He says.

"What?" I ask. "You see this disease you have affects you from the day you're born until its cured, and if it's not cured it last even after death. So welcome," He says. "Wow, so I just got stuck with a terrible life. Actually, I got stuck with a terrible afterlife, my life would've been great if it weren't for you," I sigh.

"Well get used to the dark (Y/N), because this is all your gonna see for the rest of eternity," Shadow says patting my back before disappearing into nothing. "Oh, and blame your parents for your terrible after life. There are actually two ways to get rid of me. One being the silver eyes, two is having a child to pass the disease onto," Shadows maniacal laugh echos throughout this dark abyss.

"R̸̯̺̘̰̬̹͖̓͋ͭ̽́͠uͤͪ̓͏̸͖̤̱̼̱̮̲̠b̸̭͉̯̝̙̞̹̖͍ͩͬ̔̐̈̓̏ỳ̡͉̜̘̟̙̒ͣ̔͌ͩ̉̎̚,̨̧̮͔̬̾̓̌ ̵͎̱̠̼̇̔̑͆ͫ͘͟Ḯ̴̼̝͔̪͚̩̗ͮͦ̀̈́ͤͧ͠ͅ'̫̮ͬ̅ͥ̈̋̔͠͝m̙͖̳͂͆͟ ̶͆̀͢҉̩̗͉͖̱̤̱̗s̷̘̻̖̽͂ͫ̆̕ỏ̵͇̟̭̜͖̠̹́̚ ͎͇̞̥ͩͧͤ͒̕͘š̡͈̜̜̞̬͉̖̫͖͑ͬ̌ͩ̐ͭ͐̚o̱̳ͯ̾ͫͤ̇͒͞r̶͔̖͕̭͇̺̠̳͓͐̀ͤ̀r̔̇̑ͮͦ͏̴̧͙͓̗͉ͅͅy̴̟̺̠͎͚̜̺̘̌́̓̊͛ͦ͠ ̲̠̳́ͧ̐ͭ͆̅͘I̡̝̲̫͆̿̐͝ ̵̾ͭ̔͏͕̜̗͓ç͉̥̝̫̟̘͉̦͂͐̏ͣ̔͞͡ò̵̱̪͙̓͗ͮ͡u̵͚͍͙̰̥̘̭̾ͧ͊ͩ̋̇ͬ̀͟l̡͐̈͌ͩ͏̣̳̪̺̙̩̝̕d̡̰̝̅̆͢n̸̝̭̙̖ͪͨ'̮̫̯̝̣͔̤̟ͧ̂ͯ́ͬ́͘ͅt̷̢̛̻̥̯́ͮͭ͂̏̅ ̷̨̭̹̫̀́́̿ͭ͗ͯ̂ͦ͜b̸̙̮͍͕̱̬͉͖͊ͪ͋̓̎ͭ̈̎ͅe͎͍̲̜̓̈́͐̕͜͡ ̈̉́ͭͪͨ̀̚̚҉̨̭̲͚̤͎wͩ́ͩ̈̌̏ͩ̆҉̦̬͟͡i̬͚̇ͤ̏̍ͪ̽ͩ͟t̲̦̳̰̭̅ͨͫ̈́̇͞h̸̤̗͔̫̠̯͎̣͛̏̐ͣͅ ̷̢̮͖̬̣̭͆̎ͣ͒̏͋ͤͯ͠y̳̙͂̂͛͞ǫ̖̯͇̺͆̈́ͤ̈̋̊̓͛͘ͅu̡͙̳̜͔̓̾̈̎̊̇͗̆͠͞.̴̢̢̮͓̦ͪ̉ͯ̒ͣͧ̽̆"