0

So here y'all go. I finally chose a name, Masquerade Madness. I thought it fit quite well. Although I definitely did appreciate all the suggestions, it was hard to choose.

Four young children played in the grassy meadow. Happy and free as could be. No worries in the world. Expect for one. Who would be it? "Lets play hide and seek!" You cheered, throwing your little arms up in the air happily. You twirled around to face the three young boys you were playing with.

A little seven year old Tom huffed. Remembering his mother's words. "Not everything is about you or your brothers, let Y/N pick what she wants." To be honest the three boys were always used to getting their way. Hardly ever told no. Why? Because they were little Prince's. But their mother had wanted them to have a normal childhood, if that was even possible. So when the three boys were told by their mother to let someone else choose and to listen they tried their best to obey.

"Okay." Tom gave into your request. "I'll be it." He grumbled, he was always it. His little brothers always wanted to hide and never count.

"Yay!" Your eyes squinted as your smile grew. "You'll never find me!" You began to skip away in the tall grass. While his brothers legged it in opposite directions.

"WAIT!" Tom shouted. You skidded to a stop, turning around and tilting your head. "What number should I count to?"

"The highest you can." You answered innocently.

"You want me to count to 200 hundred?"

"Oh no! That's to high! I can only count to forty!" Tom giggled you were two years younger than him. He nodded, his curly hair flopping into his eyes.

"Okay," he covered his eyes. "I'll count to forty."

~three years later~

"Mommy?" You skipped into the kitchen, where your mother was. You lifted your arms up and she held you on her hip. She absolutely adored you. She kissed your head.

"Yes, my baby girl?"

"How come Tommy doesn't play with me anymore?" Your mother swallowed, how was she going to explain this to an eight year old without overwhelming her.

"He has to go to a very special school." A school for Prince's to be exact. She stated, placing you back on the ground. You pouted, looking up at your mother.

"Why?" You asked in a gently and very curious voice.

"He's going to be someone very special." Very special indeed.

"Why?"

"Because he's smart." Extremely brilliant. Though he was only 10 at the time. Everyone was sure that he'd be a marvelous ruler when the time came. That he'd make fair and just decisions like his father.

"Oh. Well when can I play with him again?" You asked curiously, you didn't have many close friends due to being so shy around people. Making Tom by far your favorite person to play with. Although you did enjoy playing with the twins. You just enjoyed playing with Tom more.

"I don't know baby." She answered seriously. Truth was you'd probably never see him again. You were peasants. The only reason you even knew the royal family was because your mother's were somehow friends. Unknown to nearly everyone. She looked down upon you, you were so innocent and pure. She could only hope that you'd forget about him.

I know it's not much but at least it's a start....