Don't Leave Me

*Solely based on Ray and Toni*

Toni

I opened my eyes to bright white lights and a familiar smell of bleached hallways and sickness. My leg felt better. It was probably just pain killers. The memories of last night came back as I began to cry and scream his name.

Toni: Ray!!!!!! Ray!!!!!

Ray: I'm right here baby.

His voice was faint and filled with pain. I turned my head and I saw him.

Toni: Baby, are you feeling any better??

Ray: Mhm.

He was lying. He always gave mumbles and bullshit answer when he was lying. That means he is hurt.

Toni: Don't lie to me. You're hurt. Don't hide it from me.

Ray: I just don't want you to worry.

Toni: I'm always worried. You can't expect me not to be.

Ray: Enough about me. How's your....

He started to seize before he could finish his sentence.

Toni: HELP!!!! HELP!!!!!

His monitor was beeping really fast. I started to cry as they ran in and closed the curtain. I was afraid. What if I lost him? I'd never forgive myself if he died trying to see me. I felt a huge wave if quilt come over me.
I blacked out to the sound of his slowing heart rate.

Ray

She's been sleeping for a while. I was worried. Maybe I came to late. What if she was seriously hurt. She just woke up. She looked scared, she was crying. 😔My baby.

Toni: Ray!!!!!! Ray!!!!!

I mustered up enough strength to speak without her noticing.

Ray: I'm right here baby.

I know from my voice that she can hear how much pain I'm in.

Toni: Baby, are you feeling any better??

Ray: Mhm.

Was that even believable?

Toni: Don't lie to me. You're hurt. Don't hide it from me.

Ray: I just don't want you to worry.

Toni: I'm always worried. You can't expect me not to be.

I tried to change the subject.

Ray: Enough about me, how's your....

I felt my heart began to beat at a million miles a minute and my body began to shake violently. I was scared and I didn't like to be scared. I don't want to leave her. She means to much to me. There's so much more I have to do before I leave. I want to marry her. I want her to have my children. I want to hold and kiss her in front of Trey so that he knows she's mine. The thought of her with someone else disgusts me but it also hurts me. I even get mad at her sometimes because she dated people before me. She's more than just my girlfriend. She's everything that is good and pure in my world. I don't want to leave her. Please God, don't take me away from her.

Toni

As I woke up for the second time I heard sniffling coming from the other side of the room.

Toni: Baby?

Ray: Yea?

Toni: I love you.

Ray: And I love you.

I smiled to myself then I frowned.

Toni: Don't leave me.

Ray: Never.

Toni: Did the doctor say if I could walk?

Ray: I think so.

I raised my head up slowly and moved my legs off the bed. I slid down until my feet touched the ground. The ground was cold but I liked it. I slowly walked over to Ray's bed.

Toni: Are you too hurt to hold me?

He didn't reply he just raised his blanket up and slid back a bit. I slipped into the bed next to him. He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me closer. I laid my head softly of the side of his chest that wasn't hurt.

Toni: Your bed is warmer than mine.

Ray: Because I'm here.

I smiled and began to fall asleep.

Ray

She laid on my chest as I was deep in thought. Her soft breathing soothed me. I thought about how sad she would be if I left. I have to stay for her. She's my purpose. My mind began to drift to my baby sister. She needs me too. She might be 21 but she's still a baby. She needed me. I know she got Elijah now, but that doesn't mean anything. I'm her older brother, she my baby sister. Taking care of her has been my job since forever. I can't leave Amari.

Ray: Baby?

Toni: Yea?

Ray: You sleep?

Toni: No, not anymore. What's wrong?

Ray: Its nothing, baby, go back to sleep.

She raised her head off my chest. She knew something was up. That's why I love her. Its hard to hide from her.

Toni: Baby, don't hide from me. You know you can tell me anything.

Ray: I'm scared. I don't want to leave you and Amari.

She didn't say anything. She just grabbed my face and looked in my eyes for a while. Then she kissed me. It felt so good but it felt like a goodbye kiss and I pulled away.

Ray: No this is not goodbye. I can do this. I'm strong. I'm gone pull through then I'm going to marry you. I'm not leaving I'll be damned if I die and let Tre.....

That's it. I'm not scared of dying. I'm jealous. I'm jealous that if I die then she'll be with him. He'll be fucking my girl. He'd be loving my girl. He'd be rubbing her belly while HIS baby is in her stomach. I refuse to let that happen. Toni is mine! He calls my sister his sister. Amari is mine!

Toni: Trey? What does he have to do with anything? .... Ohhh you must've found out we dated. You don't have to worry about him because I don't want him anymore and I'm dann sure he doesn't want me. I'm also deeply and dangerously in love with you. I'd never leave you for him. Ever! Whether you be dead or alive.

Ray: Promise, promise you won't be with Trey. Dead or Alive.

Toni: I promise, dead or alive.

Ray: I love you but...

I put up my pinky. We used to do this when we were younger. She smiled her beautiful smile and put up her pinky. She then linked her pinky with mine. I smiled at how cute she was. I love this girl with every fiber in my body.

Toni: You're adorable.😁

Ray: Nah. That's all you baby.