First Day Back At Riverdale High

You hadn't slept at all that night. You could literally see the dark shade that represents the sleeplessness of the current generation. You were never really one for make up, no more than mascara and a little eyeliner. Your eyes were stained pink from crying all night. You got dressed and went downstairs to get some breakfast. You saw Jughead with his head resting on the table. You wondered if he had been there all night. You went to wake him up when you smelt a faint stench of whiskey. You shook Jughead awake. "Jughead! Wake up!" You say hitting him. "What is it?" He said. "Dude, you can't go to school smelling like that" you say. "Like what?" He says. "Like freaking whiskey!" You say. "Why'd you do it?" You asked getting Jughead some water. "Because" he says as you hand him the glass. "Because?" You ask. He finishes sipping at the water. "Because, y/n. I was upset that I made you go to bed in tears." He said. "How-" you say but get cut off. "You honestly thought Archie wouldn't tell me." "Oh my god! I have to go" you say. You were upset at Jughead, but more importantly, Archie. You couldn't believe Archie had told him. You decided that seeing people was a bad idea so you went to Pop's for a coffee before school. You started walking away "y/n" Jughead tries. But to no avail. "Y/n please!" He says. As that doesn't work either he tries one last tactic. He grabs your wrist as you turn around he kisses you. You kiss him back. The. You realize what you're doing. "No! You're dating Betty and I have a boyfriend. I can't kiss you, as much as I want to, I can't." You say. "I'll see you at school Jug" you say and head over to Pop's. "Hey Pop" you say opening the door. "G'Morning Y/n" Pop Tate says. "Just a 16 oz mocha please. I didn't get any sleep last night" you say. "Was it Jughead?" He asks. "Okay, now that's just creepy that you knew that" you say. "I could see it in your eyes. Whenever you and Jughead would get in a fight or he would upset you, you'd come in here with this look in your eyes like the world was gonna end if things didn't get better" he says. "Wow. You're good" you say. "I gotta go, I'm gonna be late. Thank you for the mocha" you say leaving. You get in your jeep and drive to school. You see Veronica and Kevin beckoning you over. You just shake your head. You go to the office to pick up your schedule and locker number. "Ah! Welcome back y/n" the principal says. "Thank you" you say. After you get your schedule and put your books in your locker you go to the bathroom. You see Betty and Veronica in there talking. "Hey are you alright? You seemed upset this morning" Veronica says. "Yeah, I just had a hard time adjusting to being back. And I didn't get very much sleep last night" you say. "Well, tomorrow is Jughead's birthday according to Archie. I wanna throw him a surprise party" Betty says. "I know. And I really hope Archie told you about Jug's relationship with birthdays" you say. "Yeah, but I'm his girlfriend, I should know what he wants to do for his birthday." Betty says. "I'm with Betty on this one" Veronica says. "Okay, that's great. But I've known him since before I could talk, I was there with him when Jellybean was born, I've been with him every year for his birthday. Just know that Jughead hates his birthday, and parties. You guys do whatever you want, but I don't want Jughead to be even more mad at me than he already is" you say leaving to go find Archie. "Archie! I need to talk to you" you say pulling your older brother by three months to a secluded area. "I cannot believe you! Today you told Jughead what I said to you! Then you go and tell Betty about Jug's birthday?! Why?" You say angrily. "Look I'm sorry, but Betty deserves to know, she's his girlfriend" Archie says. "Stop saying that. Now she wants to throw him a surprise party. I need you to help me stop her" you say. "I'm not gonna stop her." Archie says and walks away.