Chapter 16.

Alex stared deep into my eyes, and I stared back.

M: " Where's Jason?"

A: " He's gone out to do some business with Ralph. He met him outside when he left."

M: " When is he coming back?"

A: " I don't know."

My mind flew back to when i heard Jason and Alex arguing back at the house, and how Alex said he'll be away for a couple of days...

M: " Will he be long?"

A: " Maybe?" He pushed himself up from the sofa, still looking at me, he sighed and lightly shook his head

A: " As Jason is away... You need to help me."

M: " uh....of course?" I slowly got up and stood infront of him

A: " This is dangerous stuff so... just do what i say."

I zoned out when my head started to throb and my knees gave way. My eyes went fuzzy and i reached for my head. I couldn't hear a thing but i saw Alex leap to catch me. Everything went black.

Again.

I was woken by loud clangs and metal clinks. I blinked my eyes open and wiped away the gunk causing my blurry vision. I found myself collapsed in the corner of the cold room. The room like the garage. I tried to lift my head but the pain was too horrific. I wanted to touch my gash but it ached to move. My eyes started to focus and i saw Alex hunched over an old wooden table. His hands were tangled in some kind of project he was working on. A couple of sticks of dynamite crowded around his feet. A groan slipped out my lips.

Alex spoke but did not move his eyes from the table

A: " you're alive?"

I couldn't move. I couldn't speak.

A: " You're head didn't look too good so i cleaned it up and patched it up."

I tried to speak but only air came out. I was drained of all possible energy.

A: " You'll be fine. You're body is weak from the lack of sleep and food. There's some food in the truck. We'll eat soon"

There were no windows in this room so i had no idea what time it was or if it was daylight.

I squeezed every part of pain out of me and made a sound

M: " What time is it?"

A: " Just gone 9:30 pm. You were out stone cold for a while"

M: " I'm sorry"

He scoffed.

A: " Why?"

I pushed everything i had and lifted myself up and sat up againts the wall

M: " Because you have to keep dragging me around. You should've just killed me when you had the chance. You don't want me here and I don't want to be here... Just shoot me now"

I saw Alex thinking, hard, and he stood up straight away from the table. He slowly reached for his back pocket and pulled something out. lowering it by his side. His head hung down. He started to walk towards me. He stopped infront of me and looked down at my body.

He pointed his arm at me. A cold gun rested on my forehead.

A: " Is this really what you want?"  

I swallowed the lump in my throat.

M: " I...Don't know..."

He pulled back the hammer with his thumb, i squeezed my eyes shut, sweat and tears trickled down my face.

Bang...? 

I was waiting for this sound.

A: " I'm not going to kill you." He lowered his arm back to his side

A: " We've kept you alive this long for a reason."

He hesitated to walk back to the table, but decided to slide down the wall on my right, next to me. Placing the gun carefully on the floor.

A:"Tell me about yourself" 

M: " Uh.. Well i live in Las Vegas a-"

A: " No shit!" He looked at me sarcastically.

M: " ...But I was born in Texas"

A: " When did you move?"

M: " When i was about 4 years old. I don't remember much, just a few faces of old friend- Wait, why do you care?" I looked at him. Eyebrow raised in confusion

M: " You told Jason not to get close to victims?"

A: " How do you know i said that to him?"

M: " Well it wasn't hard, you kinda shouted it"

A: " Whatever.. Well we're going to be spending alot of time together so it will be good to know some background information about you."

M: " Why are we going to be spending time together?"

A: " You're working for Ralph now"

M: " WHAT?!" somehow, energy surged through my vains and i flew up to stand over Alex

M: " what?! what do you mean working for him?!"

A: " That's his idea-"

M: " I am not working for Ralph! no i can't, please change his mind?!" I was on my knees again.

A: " I can't. You're in this now and the only way out is if we kill you."

My lip quivvered and i stared deep into Alex's eyes. Trying ro make him change his mind with my mind...

A: " Go to bed."

M: " Huh?"

A: " It's late."

M: " It's only nine thir-"

A: " It's late!"  He got up, left the room and i followed in his footsteps. 

M: " Where am i going to sleep?"

A: " On the floor."

M: " But it's hard... And dirty"

Alex suddenly headed for the door and left. I furrowed my eyebrows and sat on the couch. I looked at all the stains on it. Not wanting to know what they were. I got intterupted with Alex entering again. He hand a bundle of blankets and towels rapped in his hands. He chucked them on the floor and started to lay a couple of towels next to the sofa. He placed a blanket on them and one on the sofa.

A: " There you go"

M: " Thank you!" I gave him a half hearted smile and crawled onto my 'bed' and tucked myself under the blanket. It wasn't long enough to cover my feet so i clutched my knees to my chest and closed my eyes. I heard Alex rustling on the couch to get comfy, then it fell silent. All that was heard was us breathing.

It took a while for me to fall but after a while, when my paranoia calmed down, i finally fell unconcious into a dream. I hoped i would never wake up.

THERE IS CHAPTER 16! 

I HOPE YOU ARE ENJOYING IT! COMMENT ON WHAT YOU THINK!  :)

ALSO VOTE AND BECOME A FAN!  X