Chapter 21.

Ju:" Please?"

Dr:" I think it will be better when Monica is awake. Find out together..."

I could hear them talking about me. My mom begging to find out the testresults. I thought i'd save her the pain and wake up. The lights were blinding as i looked for my mom, she was standing near the door,waiting anxiously. Dr.Jones saw i was awake and smiled.

Dr:" Good morning Monica! How are you feeling today?"

M:" Okay..." M:" I have the pregnancy results back, would you like to know now or wait forabit?"

My mom was staring at me, her forehead creased in worry. I faced back to the Dr.

M:" Just get it over with." My heart was racing harder than it ever has.

This moment was more pettrifying than being kidnapped, having a gun pointed atmy head or being in a car chase with the police.Dr.Jones looked down at his chart and breathed out.

Dr:" Well it is good to know that you are not pregnant-"

My mum kneeled to the floor, flooded in tears, thanking God. I felt like cryingmyself. The relief of hearing the good news. I felt weightless.

Dr:" You'll be also happy to hear that you are allowed to leave today. Just tell mewhen you're ready and we'll release you"

M:" I'd like to go now..." I raised my arm slightly, hinting him to remove thewires and bandages.

He placed the chart on the end of the bed and started to take out wires andturn off machines. My mom rised from the floor and went to get her pursefrom her chair. She checked she had everything and sighed with relief. She turned to me and smiled reaching for my hand. I was free. My mom had brought me some clothes, i walked down the corridorin my skinny jeans and baggy band shirt that I loved to wear. They were warmand freshly washed. We made it to the exit and a warm breeze hit me and Iwas back in Vegas.

Ju:" Hun the car is just down there, I just need to get some money out okay?" She was leaving me alone already?

I nodded, she gave me the keys, and Imade my way to the car. We owned a vintage red VW beetle. It looked a little dirty but i really didn't take any notice. I unlocked the passanger doorand hopped in. I sat there, staring out the front window. The wheel caughtmy eye. I flickered my eyes back to the keys in my hand. Drive. I knew how todrive. But where would i go? I had no idea where Jason was. My best guesswould be prison. Or hopsital... From what i can remember, he didn't lookgood. Droplets of rain started to spread across the windows. It started to getloud and heavy.I was going to do it. I was about move when the car door opened and my mum fell into the drivers seat, she was dripping wet. I passed her the keysand she started the car. The chance had passed.

Ju:" This isn't a very nice welcome back to Vegas! This weather is horrid"

She pulled out and madeher way to the main road.We drove for a while in silence. It was painful so i turned on the radio. " A robbery in a diner has taken place near the nevada desert a few days ago.Witnesses say a young gir-" OH CRAP. I turned the radio off as soon as i could.

Ju:" What's wrong honey?"

M:" Uh.. Nothing... I just changed my mind." i kept my head down.

Ju:" We will get through this baby. I'm here for you. But if i ever see that kidi don't know what i-"

M:" Mom! Please I just want to forget everything, and pretend it didn'thappen, Okay?"

Ju:" Oh!... Uh yes of course!"

The rest of the journey was quiet. Both of us had nothing to say. We finallypulled up to our crappy house in the suburbs. It looked no different. Un cutgrass, dead flowers and weeds. Home...The engine stopped and my mom unbuckled her seatbelt and got out. I was stillsat, staring at the house. My warm bed was in there. I finally got out and let the door fallshut behind me. It was no warehouse, but it will do. I walked up to the frontdoor behind my mom. She unlocked it and let the door swing open. I looked inand nothing had changed. I could see the same magazines spread across thekitchen counter. Beer bottles on the coffee table infront of our old TV and old leather couch. Mymom walked in and placed her keys and purse on the counter. Istepped in and shut the door behind me. The smell was so familiar, I wantedto cry.

Ju:" Would you like a drink?"

M:" No thanks. I'm gonna go to my room."

I walked away down the hall and stopped infront of my door. It felt daunting. Like, assoon as i walk in there it was back to my old life. Boring, ordinary and dull. Ipushed it with my foot and it slowly opened. Grey walls. Photo's of friendsstuck on them. My bed unmade. Clothes thrown over my chair and desk.Homework scattered across the bed. The rain still splattered onto my window.I heard the spit of a cooking pan on the stove behind me. Bacon andscrambled eggs. A dinner i would have nearly everyday. But if we were lukcy,McDonalds was on the menu. I could also hear the radio, something about theMcCann brothers was being said. My mum growled in anger to their names. Ileft the door open and slid down the wall, just tried to take everything in. A knock on the door shook me. The front door was opened and i heardmurmurs of voices.

Ju:" Monica! Come into the lounge sweety!" It didn't sound welcoming, hervoice sounded shaky.

I got up and walked down the corridor. I got to the end and saw him. The officer who was at the hospital. He was standing tall, with his notepad again.

N:" We never finished those questions" He smiled at me, trying to be all friendly.

I slowly walked to the couch and hesitated to sit down. My mom left, lockingherself in her room and Nick, the officer, made himself comfy on the end ofthe coffee table.

N:" So where were we?" He smiled. I shrugged.

N:" Well we have Alex and Jason locked away now."

M:" Are they okay?"

Nick looked at me confused. If i give him one little clue, i could be in trouble.

:" Well they were hurt in the crash but they are okay now. Why you ask?"

M:" No reason."

N:"Did they... Make you do anything you didn't want to do?"

M:"..."

N:" It is highly recommended that you answer as truthfully as you can Monica."

M:" No."

N:" Are you sure? I'm here to help you."

M:"Nothing happened."

N:" Okay, I believe you".

No he didn't. It seems i wasn't the only liar here.

M:" Where are they?"

N:" The Las Vegas police department. Why?"

M:" Can I see them?"

N:" Is that such a good idea?"

M:" Can I?"

N:" Yes." He was completely confused.

M:" Now?"

N:" Sure, Why not."

I stood up and made my way to my mom's door. I knocked a couple of times before she answered.

M:" I'm leaving. I'll be back later."

Ju:" Oh! When will you be back?"

M:" I don't know."

Flash backs.

Nick and i got out the house and he took me to his car. Police car. We hopped in and he drove away. We didn't speak, I was happy about that. We finally pulled up to the police department. I've never stepped foot here, but if Jason's was behind bars, i'm sure it'll become a regular thing.