Cold As Steel

Stiles POV:

The darkness of my room felt safe. Well, safe until I could see my breath in the air. The room suddenly became as cold as ice. I looked around, my eyes meeting a pitch black spot in the corner of my room, right next to my door. My legs wobbled as my bare feet hit the frozen ground. The figure was speaking to me, but I couldn't quite make out what it was saying. So of coursemy curiousity got the best of me. I walked towards the figure on the tops of my feet so that the thing couldn't hear my footsteps. For some reason I kept saying, "Don't let them in." And I couldn't keep quiet. I just kept repeating it. The creature moved towards me and wrapped, what looked like claws, around my throat. My screams never were heard but I was indeed screaming. That's when my eyes flicked open. I was laying on my bed, gripping onto the sheets. I should have known that it was it was a dream. The dreams come every night and they get more realisic every time. In that moment, as my fingers let go of the sheets, I knew that I would never be the same again. Soon I would no longer be Stiles. I'll be something evil, that was swallowed by amense darkness.

I sit out of my bed, dropping my feet onto the floor. My feet take me a few inches to the left, to my bathroom door. The water in the shower starts out a scolding hot, slowly changing to a piercing cold. I stumble out of the shower, looking at the steam covered mirror. I slowly wipe away the steam so that I can see my reflection. The boring brown that my eyes used to be was gone. My eyes flashed a cold steel blue, like Derek's. I wasn't going to be fooled this time. This was a dream and to know for sure, I looked down at my fingers. They were covered in blood but that didn't scare me. What scared me was that I had ten fingers. This wasn't a dream. It was real.

I looked back up at the mirror to see that my eyes were normal again and the blood was gone. Is this a sign? Am I going to get bitten? Will I kill someone? My thoughts were interrupted when my phone made a loud buzzing sound. It said One New Text. It was from Lydia...

I think something is going on. I think Marrow is still alive. I can hear the buzzing again.