Kiss of Death

As I look at the text my jaw drops. How could he be alive? People can't just survive getting electrocuted with that many volts. I immediately text Lydia back telling her to meet me at the electrical plant where Marrow worked at. I swung my closet doors open, looking for the baseball bat that I hid in the corner. Someway I needed to protect Lydia if anything went wrong. If she got hurt I would literally go out of my freaking mind. My jeep skidded to a halt as I got to the electrical plant. Lydia's car was parked but it was empty. She went in without me? What if she had gotten hurt? The door of my jeep creeks open just as quickly as I shut it after I got out. I rushed inside the plant, looking around every corner for Lydia.

Lydia came out of nowhere. It was like she came out of the shadows. As she came into my point of vision, I could see that something was behind her. It was black. Completely black. It had a mask like face with green, glowing slits where its eyes should have been. The way it looked at me was terrifying enough but it was also creeping up on the love of my life. So as every crazy person would do, I ran towards it, but it didn't flinch. All it did was set a hand behind Lydia's ear and that was enough for me to want to kick its ass. I tackled it onto the ground to feel the cold stone floor of the plant up against my skin. It was no longer underneath me. It was gone. Vanished out of thin air. Next to me I heard a loud crash, whipping my head over to see Lydia twitching against the floor.

My knees wobble underneath me as I run over to Lydia's side. I layed my hand against her wrist, feeling her ice cold skin. She felt frozen so of course my instinct was to wrap my sweatshirt around her shoulders. I pulled her limp body into my arms, staggering to my feet. It took all of my will not to start freaking out. I couldn't let anything happen to her. But I did. I wasn't there when she needed me most.

I make my way to my jeep, because I wasn't qualified enough to know what was going on with Lydia. But she kept getting colder, so if I wanted to save her, I needed to do something quickly. The jeep starts after a few of my attempts to wiggle the key into the ignition. As I pull her body into the front seat with me, I feel the temperature of her body rise a few degrees. I rock her body in my arms, hoping that it will help warm her up. But she never woke up. Her chest was rising, indicating that she was still breathing but she needed to wake up. "Lydia. Wake up. Please. Wake up for me." My eyes widen as I come up with an idea. "You might hate me for this later but..." I bend down to press my chapped lips against her soft icy lips.

My hormonal self felt sparks even though she was passed out. Without my noticing, her lips move against mine. When I notice the sensation of our moving lips, I quickly pull away.

"Lydia?" I ask as her eyes flicker open. She stares at me with wide unblinking eyes as if I saved her life. I'm no hero. I don't even know who I am anymore. "St-Stiles? Wh-What happened? Why did you kiss me?" Her voice comes out shaky and scared so I tighten my arms around her. "Everything is ok now. The Oni were after me so they attacked you. I'm so sorry. This is all my fault. You were passed out and freezing so I took you to the jeep to warm you up but you didn't wake up so I kissed you." I ramble quickly and nervously because I didn't want her to be upset with me even though she might already be upset with me. She just continues to stare at me then suddenly she wraps her arms around me for a warm embrace. "Thank you Stiles. You saved me. You're my Batman." When she said that I actually felt like Batman. Finally, I didn't feel like Robin to Scott's Batman, but what if I'm Batman today and then I'm the Joker tomorrow. I'm surprised that I've held on long enough to be myself in this moment. I pull her off me and I shake my head. "I'm not Batman." I say with a stern voice then mumbles to myself with a hope she doesn't hear me. "Batman always gets the girl. I don't." She glares at me but she couldn't have possibly heard that. She's not a werewolf... But she is a Banshee and her powers are getting stronger. She rolls her eyes and lightly punches me in the arm. "You'll find someone. The girl you are trying to get probably doesn't know that you like her. Do you like Malia? I heard that you guys kissed." Malia. Why did she have to bring up Malia? I may have kissed her and have very small feelings for her but I'll never love her like I love Lydia. As Lydia talks to me, I find it extremely hard to hold my feelings in. "Malia's ok but I like someone more. She's taken so I can't ever actually tell her the way I feel about her." Lydia smiles and looks into my eyes. "Who cares if she's taken? Just make a move. Tell her how you feel. Anyone is lucky to have Stiles Stilinski as a boyfriend."

"I don't know. She's not the type of girl that would like me." The way her eyes shifted away from mine was as if she didn't know that I was talking about her. She seemed like she was jealous. "Who is she?" I smile as she glanced back at me with a jealous look. "Well she's beautiful, not very tall even when she wears heels, which is everyday, she has big green eyes, and long wavy strawberry blonde hair." Her gaze changes to th realization that I was talking about her. She took a deep breath as she pushed the door of the jeep open. "I, uh, I'm sorry, but I, um, I have to go." She stumbled out of the jeep and walked to her car. I think I may have just ruined the small chance I had of being with her.