Painful. But Worth It.

Stiles POV:

For some reason I had a feeling that Lydia was in danger. It was like we had a connection, as if we were connected by a red string, a tether, pulling us closer even as we fell apart. I sped off to Derek's house, thinking that she would be there and that's when I realized that Lydia needed my help. I got out of my jeep fast enough to stop his hand.

Aiden glared over at me as I gripped onto his wrist. His gaze moved back to Lydia and he growled through his fangs. "So this is the guy that you "really like"? This wimpy, good for nothing teenager?" He looked over at me with a furious gaze, "And I would let go of me if I were you. Or I'll rip your throat out."

I chuckle at his empty threat, "I've heard that threat before. You don't scare me. You're no alpha."

"I still fight like one," He throws his claws across my chest and I fall backwards as his nails rip through my skin. I reach my hand up to feel my now blood soaked t-shirt. I try to push myself off the ground but my strength has weakened due to the cut in my chest. Aiden was no where to be seen but when Lydia let out a piercing scream I had an idea where he was. Also the feeling of claws in my back gave me a hint too.

I felt myself slipping away. Darkness began to cloud my vision but out of the corner of my eye I saw a set of bright red eyes along with a growling sound. Someone helped me off the ground but that's when everything went black. Completely black.

A few hours later, my eyes blink open to see that I was at the vet clinic. Deaton was standing over me then called out to someone. "He's awake!"

Two figures emerged into the room out of the hallway. My vision was still a bit cloudy but I could still see the figure of my best friend who must have been the one who saved me and next to him was a short, strawberry blonde with a tear streaked face.

"Stiles?" Lydia said with a shaky voice then ran over to the side of the large table that I was laying on. She took my hand in hers, squeezing onto it so tightly that I was worried that she would break a bone in my hand. "How are you feeling?"

My shoulders shrugged as I looked down at her. "I'm ok. It helps that you're here."

"I'm so sorry! It's my fault that you're hurt. I shouldn't have broken up with Aiden. That's what caused all this."

I was suddenly shocked. She broke up with Aiden? Was it because of me? "No. Don't be sorry. I couldn't let him treat you like that. You deserve better than that asshole." She smiled for the first time that day, which made me smile.