Chapter 13 - BRIEF ENCOUNTER

I look at Mr Ross Between my legs, the bulge in his fucking pants right in front of me; and back at Jack

I look at Mr Ross Between my legs, the bulge in his fucking pants right in front of me; and back at Jack. My eyes widen and I jump away from him instantly. I glance down at the floor not knowing what to say or do in the awkward situation I've found myself in. I look back to where Jack is still standing at the door speechless, he looks between us in shock, his mouth hangs open. He makes eye contact with me then quickly leaves without saying another word.

I stand for a minute breathless and in shock of what had happened, why did he have to walk in at that precise moment, and why was he even hear in the first place?! Thoughts fly around my brain; when I realise I'm still standing in the middle of the classroom not saying anything, as mr Ross uncomfortable shuffles around behind me. I apologetically glance back and then run out of the room in hope of catching up with Jack.

I run down the corridor towards the main doors and see him walking towards a small silver car. I pick up my pace and eventually reach him, grabbing his arm. He turns around; and allows me to catch my breath as I bend down, holding one of his shoulders, and my knee for support. He's awkwardly bending down because of his height compared to mine, I stay like that for a while until he clears his throat; causing me to stand up straight and look him straight in the eye.

He doesn't break I contact as I think about how to explain myself, or what to say. "Uh, hey what are you doing here?" I end up choking out before realising how shitty it was to act casual after what he had seen. He glares at me "I could ask you the same thing" he spits bluntly. I'm taken back at how bothered he seems. I pause knowing i have to explain "yeah, well... Um, what you seen just there. It-it's never happened, I don't know what came over me, I know it's wrong and it should never have happened; it's not his fault I came on to him, please don't say anything"

I'm talking so fast he just looks at me as if I'm speaking a foreign language. He just nods his head and turns around to walk away. I don't know wether to grab him and tell him to say something or just let him go knowing I don't have anything more to say really. As he walks further away I manage to shout "sorry" loud enough so he stops and turns his head quickly. "Why would I care?" He says before opening his door and closing it; driving off leaving me alone in the car park.

Although I know I've been a really shitty friend the past few years, it hurts to know he doesn't even care enough to stand and talk to me after all that time. I just turn on my heels,walking towards my own car. Just as I sit down my phone begins ringing, it's Casey.

"Hey girl! I've heard Jack is back in town?! I haven't seen him yet but apparently there's a big party tonight as celebration of him coming home, what do you say we make an appearance?"

I swallow loudly, not knowing wether to tell her what had happened or act surprised; I go with acting surprised as I couldn't be arsed to explain the whole story. Anyway, I think it'd be fun to go out for once, it's been ages since theres been any kind of party.

"Yeah sure, I'll be at yours in half an hour; I'll go home get my outfit and get ready at yours"

I hang up and make my way to my house quickly. As soon as I get home I shout to my mam that I'm going out and run upstairs to choose my outfit. After definitely more than half an hour of trying on things I finally decide on a tight black play suit, with a plunge front that shows just the right about of cleavage.

I shove the outfit in a bag and leave for Casey's. As soon as I get there she's dragging me up to her room where she has all her makeup laid across the room. She says she's doing my makeup for once and my heart drops knowing how picky I am about how much I have on. I end up letting her and she does a dark smokey eye with a nude coloured gloss on my lips. Although I'm not used to that much makeup it's actually quite nice and goes well with the black in my playsuit.

I curl my hair in to loose waves and we head out the door, I get butterflies as we pull up to one of jacks friends house'. We are about an hour late, and I can already tell there's a lot of people there, and you can hear the music loudly from outside. As soon as I open the door the familiar smell off alcohol tickles my nose and I smile; remembering the days me and Casey would go to a different party every week.

I make my way over the kitchen where I knew all the drinks would be and pour myself a vodka and coke, using 3 shots of vodka. As soon as I take the first sip I become excited, and go in to the crowd of people playing beer pong in the main room.

Continued...