Chapter 24 - JUST FRIENDS

Hey guys! I'm posting this chapter and another chapter because I just hit 2K!!! Absolutely incredible and I couldn't be more thankful to all of you! I love you all lots and lots and hope you enjoy!

I spend the rest of the day packing my suitcase; trying to divert my attention away from the pain Im feeling. I pull my shit together, and force myself to have a laugh with Casey and Jack; and I already feel a lot better. They've always been there to pick me up whenever I'm down; and I'll always be great-full for that.

It's a 11PM flight so we make sure we have everything, before sleepily heading towards the bus that's waiting for us. When we get to the airport I speak loudly so both Jack and Casey hear me "I have dibs on sitting next to one of you!". I didn't want to have to sit next to Joshua again; especially after what happened last time.

Jack grins from ear to ear and is instantly by my side, his strong arm wrapped around me tightly. "Sorry Case, you're on your own" he chortles before kissing the top of my head. Casey rolls her eyes; but wiggles her eyebrows when she realises she has to sit next to Joshua. Casey still doesn't really know there's anything gone on between us; because I haven't told her.

Seeing her even just joke about that makes my stomach turn and Jack quickly pulls me tighter. We make our way towards the plane; and as soon as we take our seats - my blanket is out and I'm resting my head comfortably on jacks shoulder. We watch the office; and Jack runs his fingers through my hair, it feels good. I lift my legs so they're spread over him and snuggle in to the crook of his neck; my nose tingling because of his usual fresh scent.

I must have fell asleep because before I know it, jacks gently tapping my shoulders; telling me we're landing. I yawn and stretch before relaxing back down in to my seat; I look at Jack. His hair is messy from where he's been resting his head; and his t-shirt is crinkled on the shoulder where I've been lying.

I think about all the times he'd cheered me up; or helped me growing up. I haven't appreciated him enough in the past. He turns to me and shoots me his famous lopsided grin; my stomach flutters and I quickly glance down to where his shirt pulls tight over his abs, then back up to his eyes.

He looks down to where my eyes had been; before winking, knowing I was checking him out. I roll my eyes, but feel my face growing hot. He pulls my head down to his chest whispers softly into my hair "Ren, I really wish you'd stop checking me out and just do something about it" I glance up at him and he has a serious look on his face. I start feeling hot and bothered before his grin appears. "I'm kidding!" He responds playfully. I let out a sigh of relief; but I'm kind of disappointed really. Even though he's just my best friend, he is hot.

When we get in to the taxi, I think about how I hadn't seen Joshua since the encounter at the lift. Not that I'm complaining; I've lost all respect for him. We pull up at Casey and Jacks house and I decide to stay over theirs; I can't be bothered to go home. Jack insists on me staying in his bed; and says he'll sleep on the couch - after what feels like an hour of arguing I give up and do as he says.

It's already 2AM when I get in to bed. I go straight to sleep but wake up at 4AM, dying of thirst. I realise I've got to be up in 3 hours for school and sigh. I tip toe towards the kitchen, quickly glancing in to where Jack peacefully sleeps on the couch. He's lying topless, his hair covering his eyes. Sleeping beauty. Haha. I smirk before walking towards him; being as quiet as possible.

I roll over the back of the couch and straight on top of him, he wakes up startled before chuckling; when he sees me lying across him, smiling innocently. "You woke me, you annoying little shit" he shouts jokingly. "We've got to be up for school soon anyway" I huff, pouting. His eyes flicker down to my lips and back to my eyes; before he smirks and tickles my stomach. I squirm off him and on to the floor.

I realise I'm only wearing a long t-shirt and knickers again; like do I ever wear pants? I don't think so. He notices and blushes slightly; before I pull him on to the floor with me, tickling his sides. He wriggles around before pinning my arms by my head, hovering over me. He looks good from this angle.

He licks his lips, before realising how hard his crotch is pressing against my stomach; falling to the ground beside me breathing heavily. I try and catch my breath, why does him even just tickling me make me feel all funny?

We lie there for a while; not speaking. "I missed you" he says quietly without looking at me. I think about what to say back for a second before simply replying. "I missed you too". We don't say any more.

My eyes begin to close and I feel him pick me up in to his strong arms. He carries me back up to his room and gently places me in bed; before turning to leave. I grab his arm. "Ren, please..." He chokes out; facing the door. I sit up angrily and he turns around; chuckling at my frown. "Why!" I hiss as he tries to release himself from my grip. He pauses before glancing at the floor "we're just friends Ren, friends don't sleep in the same bed all the time".

I glare at him and roll over, "fine" I mutter; my back facing him. I'm about to give up before I open my eyes; smirking. I pull my t-shirt over my head; leaving me in my red lazy knickers and bra. I throw it in his direction and wait for his response. I hear him stop and pick it up before sighing. I giggle when I turn to face him. "Come onnn! I only want a cuddle!" I plead.

He looks down at me lying on the bed then up at the ceiling, his eyes closed; and sighs, sliding in to the bed beside me. I feel my eyes close as I rest my head on his chest; wrapping my leg over his stomach. "Why did you have to take your top off" he mumbles; awkwardly shuffling around. I smile in to his chest. "Knew it would convince you". I hear him laugh gently, as he pulls me closer. "It worked" I hear him say before I fall asleep.