Chapter One

They're gone. They're finally out of my sight. No more blood, no more sorrow. No more gruesome deaths. The titans have been wiped out, we're safe now. Wall Maria, Rose and Sina aren't actually needed anymore. We can be free
and venture from this place, but I don't think I will bring myself to do it.

* * *

I'm lying on my bed, my hands cushion my jet black hair. My dark eyes stare blankly at the ceiling. I'm thinking about things; it changes every minute.

But then my thoughts are disturbed by Armin rushing in to my room, like he has been running; he's panting and sweating. "What is it, Armin?" I ask standing up, what could he need to say? "Eren's in a fight!" As soon as the blonde boy says that, my eyes lower angrily. "Where is he?"
"In the courtyard."
I push past him and make my way to the yard. It's no surprise Eren is in a fight, he's so hotheaded that he could pick a fight with anyone.

When I finally get to the courtyard, Eren and another man are fighting each other. A crowd of soldiers are surrounding them, cheering and egging them on.
I begin to push right through the crowd, struggling a little, elbowing people for them to move out the way. When one of the members of the crowd recognise me, they immediately step aside, probably wanting to see what I'll do. When I finally get to the centre, most attention is on me. The crowds almost silent now, but I don't care. I see the boy Eren is fighting, but I don't realise his face; he looks a little younger than Eren. I check his back and he's from the military police. He should be glad that I don't know him. I jump in between them, pushing Eren and holding him by his shirt collar. I'm a little shocked to see how bloody and red his face is. "Eren, what are you doing? How many times do I have to tell you, you don't need to fight anymore, especially not with other people! The Titans are dead now!" After a while of me and him staring at each other intensively, he pushes me away from him and says, "Don't baby me, Mikasa! I'm a man now. You don't need to treat me like a child anymore, because I can handle myself! And he started the fight, it wasn't me!" Eren yells at me, but I stare at him as if he's an immature child. "You act like you're six, Eren." I say quietly and steadily.
Eren gasps a little, but then his fists clench and teeth bare.
"Get out my way!" He says, shoving past me to go over to the boy from the military police.
"Mess with me again, and I will finish you..." Eren declares. The boy just smirks and mocks him. "I'm so scared, are you going to kill me? Oh, no... You're gonna be babied by your mom over there." He says referring to me a distance away.
I can tell that Eren was going to raise a punch, so I stopped his arm rapidly. "Eren, come now!" I say dragging him from the crowd. He firstly tries to get away from my grip, but then gives up after a while, probably realising  that I won't be letting go.

I take him in to his room and slam the door behind myself. I'm angry at Eren's disobedience and his childlike behaviour.
"What the hell was that, Eren?!
Why are you picking fights, and you need to stop acting like a child." I yell at him.
"He was saying things about my family! Do you know what he was saying about them?!" He yells back to me, some spit glands flying from his mouth.

"Does that mean resolve in a fight?!" I ask.

"He said that I was too weak to save my mom! He said that I was a coward!"
He yells louder, tears forming in his eyes.

I stay silent now.

"He said that I was the weakest link, that I was some piece of trash, Titan or not! You wouldn't understand, you've never had pity taken on you, never been babied, you've never felt like you could do nothing! Did you, Mikasa?!"
I stare at him.
"Eren... Don't you remember?
When I was helpless you saved me. My family died in front of my own eyes.
I'm alive because of you.
You killed the thieves and took me in and treated me like your own sister."
Eren freezes and stares at me silently, tears running down his eyes.
He falls to his knees and encloses his eyes in his palms.
I lean next to him and hold his hand in mine. It's warm, but damp from sweat; his knuckles are also beaten.
I wrap my arm around his back. He sniffles, and I stay there and wait for him to feel better.