Chapter Seven

I feel relief and excitement run through me when I see green trees in the distance.

"Eren! Another forest!" And beyond that, are mountains.

I hear Eren cheer and he whips his reins and starts to run fast.

"Eren!" I say playfully, also increasing the horses speed.

When we actually enter the forest, it's much wider, and as we go along, the forest is more bright and the leaves are greener and the flowers sprout out.

Looking around, it's beautiful; I hear birds tweeting sweet songs back and forth to each other and little creatures scurrying along the floors.

"This is amazing!" I hear Eren shout.

"It's magnificent." I say.

This made me realise that... I can be fun. I don't have to be such a, what others call me, a 'stick in the mud.'

I have a reputation for apparently being boring and...

I want to be more laid back.

For Eren's sake, and partially for my own.

After the life-changing run through the forest, we had a perfect view of the mountains. They had ice caps way up high at the very peak of them.
It was cooler on these parts.

I dismounted my horse and took out my short cloak.

On our walk, on foot, we found a pathway. Which was made of stones.

Humans made it.

"The path is man-made... There are people out here!" I say.

"What?!" He says before he runs ahead, leaving his horse.

"Hey! You're-" I say, before I just decide to take his horse with me.

I mount my horse again, but hold Eren's other reins.

There's a wooden cabin, with a front porch, a fascinating garden, and it just looks so cosy. Just like where I used to live... Before...
I shake my head and stop thinking about my past.

But then it hits me.

Somebody actually has survived all this time out the walls.
I tap Eren on the shoulder, still wonder struck.

"I can't believe this... We need to go in!" I say, trying to sound adventorous.

"Wha-" I cut off Eren before he can finish his sentence by grabbing his arms and saying, "Come on, already!" I drag him along until we get to the front door.

I knock gently on the door and then suddenly I feel nervous.

It's silent.

"No one's home." I say.

"It's because you knocked too quietly."

He knocks the door, but about ten times louder.

"Eren!" I shout, grabbing his arm, indicating to stop but then he looks at me with those eyes and I know what he means.

I was doing it again, and I promised I would stop.

It's just that, it's new to me,so, I'm still not used to not being motherly to him.

"Sorry." I say quietly. I was about to say something else when I hear a voice from behind the cabin.

"Who's there?"

Someone's here.

"Eren, they heard us." He walks down the steps of the front and walks round the back. I run after him.