Chapter 1 - "Prince Ben's Proclamation"

Narrator's (Diana) P.O.V

Once upon a time, a long time ago. Okay, more like 20 years ago, Belle married her Beast in front of 6,000 of their closest personal friends. Big cake. Anyway, instead of a honeymoon, King Beast allied all the kingdoms and got himself elected King of the United States of Auradon. Then, he rounded up all the villains and their sidekicks, basically all the really cool people, and booted them off to the Isle of the Lost with a magical barrier to keep them there. All except for one. Yep, you guessed it, my father, Peter Pan. He was neither hero or villain, he was both, if that was even possible. So, he got banished to Neverland, a place where time stands still and also where he and I lived for about three months when I was five. Anyway, I'm going off topic here. Back to the Isle of the Lost. This is my hood. No magic (so I can't use my pixie dust to fly, which stinks because I love flying), no wifi, no way out. You'll meet us later. But first, this happened.

3rd Person P.O.V

Prince Ben was being measured for his new suit. The tailor muttered to himself as he measured the young prince. Ben was staring out the window at the Isle of the Lost in the distance, it's golden barrier shimmering in the sunlight. Then, the door opened and Ben's parents, King Beast and Queen Belle, walked.
"How is it you're going to be crowned king next month? You're just a baby." King Beast said.
"He's sixteen dear." Queen Belle said.
"Hey pops." Ben said but he was ignored.
"Sixteen? That's far too young to be crowned king. I didn't make a good decision until I was at least forty two." King Beast said.
"Uh, you married me at twenty eight." Queen Belle said.
"It was either you or the teapot. Kidding!" King Beast said when Queen Belle gave him a look.
"Mom, Dad. I've chosen my first official proclamation. I've decided that
the children on the Isle of the Lost should be given a chance to live here in Auradon." Queen Belle dropped the shirt she was holding in shock.
"The children of our sworn enemies living among us." King Beast said.
"Not all of them. We'll start with a few. The ones that need our help the most. I've already chosen them." Ben said.
"Who are their parents?" Queen Belle asked.
"Cruella De Vil, Jafar, the Evil Queen, Peter Pan and Maleficent." Prince Ben replied.
"Maleficent?!" King Beast shouted. The tailor and the two servants left the room at the king's anger.
"Peter Pan?" Queen Belle asked, remembering Peter Pan's seven year old daughter. How they'd had to send her and her father to the Isle of the Lost to protect them from any possible dangers in Auradon. She would be sixteen by now.
"No. Those villains are guilty of unspeakable crimes and Peter Pan is a trickster." King Beast said.
"But their children are innocent. Don't you remember the promise you made to Diana and Peter nine years ago? How you would come back for her the first chance you got?" Ben reminded his father.
"I remember that promise. Alright. I suppose the children are innocent." King Beast said. Ben smiled and King Beast and Queen Belle left the room. Ben looked out the window at the Isle of the Lost while twisting his ring around his finger, hoping he made the right choice.