Chapter 3 - "This is Not a Goodbye My Love, I promise"

Diana's P.O.V

We now stood in Maleficent's castle. It was easily the biggest place on the whole island. Maleficent sat on her throne, well to me it looked like a crumbling pile of rubble but I kept my thoughts to myself, while the five of us stood in front of her. You five will go. You will find the Fairy Godmother and you will bring me back her wand. Easy peasy." Maleficent said. "What's in it for us?" Mal asked. "Matching thrones. Hers-and-hers crowns." Maleficent replied dryly. "Mal meant the five of us." I said, gesturing to the five of us. Maleficent stood up and motioned for Mal to come forward before leaning over the railing. I turned to Evie. "Don't you feel like we're been setting up to fail?" I said under my breath so only Evie could hear. "Probably but we can't refuse. Besides, I want to get off this island." Evie replied. "Yeah. To find a prince. I want to get off this island and find a way to go home to Neverland." I said. "Or maybe meet up with a dark haired blue eyed mad man?" says my father's teasing voice from behind me as he pulls me to the side and turns me around to fix my dress while I glare beck at him, cursing him for having a big mouth "Don't you enjoy watching innocent people suffer?" Maleficent asked Mal. "Yeah. Who doesn't." Mal replied. "I prefer to cause mischief but still, that's part of it." I said. "Well then get me the wand!" Maleficent suddenly shouted, making Mal retreat a few steps. "Get me that wand and we can do all that and more. With that wand and my sceptre, I will be able to bend both the powers of good and evil to my will." "Our will." The Evil Queen said, glancing up from her mirror for the briefest second. Yes, I do call the Evil Queen my mother since she did take me in when King Beast left me here. Cruella De Vil looked pointedly at Maleficent. Jafar looked up from what he had been doing. "Our will, our will." Maleficent amended thoughtlessly before snapping her fingers to get Mal's attention again.

"And if you refuse, you're grounded for the rest of your life missy." Maleficent warned Mal. Mal immediately tried to protest but Maleficent stopped her immediately. She leaned closer to the railing and glared at Mal, her eyes glowing a vivid green. Mal's eyes did the same and a staring contest ensued. There was only a brief moment of silence before Mal gave up. "Fine. Whatever." Mal snapped. "I win." Maleficent said. "Evie. My princess, my little evil-ette in training." The Evil Queen called. I rolled my eyes at the nickname as I turn around to face my father who sat me down on the sofa and faces me as he got put a make up kit and started fixing my make up. Carlos and Jay went to their respective parents as well. "You just find yourself a prince with a big castle and a mother-in-law wing." Mom said. "And lots and lots of mirrors." Evie and I finished together. Evie let out a dreamy laugh. "No laughing. Wrinkles." Mom said. Beauty was everything to her. Evie looked horrified at the thought of wrinkles. "Don't worry E. You're not going to get them now." I told her. "Don't move. The last thing I want is my best art to get ruined" my father protests with annoyance "Oh, well. They're not taking my Carlos. I'd miss him too much." Cruella said. Yeah right she would.

"Really Mom?" Carlos asked hopefully. "Yes! Who would touch up my roots, fluff my furs and scrape the bunions off my feet?" Cruella replied and Carlos's face fell. "Ugh. Maybe a new school wouldn't be so bad." Carlos said, shaking his head. "Carlos. They have dogs in Auradon." Cruella reminded him. Carlos went pale. "Oh no! I'm not going!" Carlos exclaimed. "Jay isn't going either. I need him to stock the shelves in my store." Jafar declared. "Evie's not going anywhere until we get rid of this unibrow." Mom said. I didn't say anything because I was busy with my father checking my drawstring pouch for my many vials of pixie dust after he finished making me even more beautiful, having in mind I was the only woman he saw that way after my mother betrayed him. They didn't work since there was no magic on the Isle of the Lost but we knew they would work in Auradon since there was plenty of magic in Auradon. "What is wrong with you all? People used to cower at the mention of our names!" Maleficent exclaimed, pounding her fist on the table and stepping down the staircase. Mal quickly moved out of the way. "For twenty years! I have searched for a way off this island. For twenty years, they have robbed us of our revenge. Revenge on Snow White and her horrible little men." Maleficent said. "Ow." The Evil Queen said