Chapter 4

~Error's POV~

Looking deeper and deeper, I found myself in the main AU, Undertale. There seemed to be two figures underneath Alphy's lab. One a monster and one a.....human?! Without thinking, I teleported over to Ink's side of the void. I saw Dream was there too, both of them were looking at Ink's drawings on every AU. "HeY! I-I fOUnD SoMeTHIng!" I called to them. Both skeletons whipped their heads around to see me. "What is it?!" Ink yelled with distress in his voice, rushing over to me. "W-WelL...I-I-I WAs LoOKing THroUGh T-THe COdeS A-AnD TH-TheRE sEeMS T-To b-bE A MOnStEr aND A H-HuMAN U-UNdErnEaTH ALphYS'S L-LaB!" They both stared wide-eyed, shocked. I gave them a nod, letting them know it was real. "So that means the human or the monster are in trouble or hurt! We gotta save them!" Dream worriedly claimed. "That is true Dream but we can't just go save them! One might be dangerous! What if the human is going to take a genocide route?" Ink inquired. He was true, so I butted in, "D-DrEAm...W-We CaN S-SaVE THeM onCE wE FiND oUT WHo THEy aRe." Ink stated, "Can't we just use the codes to see who they are?" "W-WeLL...WE cAn tRY..." I weakly said. I opened the codes up big enough for all 3 of us to see them. I scrolled through Undertale's code, then Alphys's lab, then Alphys's "True Lab". Why couldn't I tell who was in there? When I would try and see who they are, both would show up of black outlines of them without detail. Not even their genders or names.

~3rd Person POV~

Ink and Dream could see how desperately and worriedly Error was searching through the codes. They noticed when their profiles came up no detail showed up. Name: ???, Gender: ???, Age: ???, etc. The taller one seemed to show monster details, only if it was a black outline of it. The other one must have been the human. "I think we can go now. There's no point in doing this, nothing's coming up. Let's go," Ink sternly said. Error closed the codes and all 3 went through Ink's portal when he opened it. It led straight to the True Lab, with both the monster and human in it. Ink bravely walked up first and shouted with his paint brush in hand, "Who's there?!" The tall one turned his head over, devilish smirk on his face, syringe in hand. All 3 froze.

W.D. Gaster.

~Ink's POV~

G-Gaster..? It can't be, he's dead! How is he here now?! I know of all the bad things he did to poor, innocent monsters when he was Asgore's Royal Scientist. He'd experiment on them, either killing them or making them totally different then before. He also created Sans and Papyrus. So, I guess we all wouldn't be here without him, but that was no excuse! He killed people! I said with fear evident in my voice, "G-Gaster..h-how are y-you here...?" He smirked when he heard me call his name. "Oh, it's the creator of AUs, Ink. Where's your brother, Papyrus?" I felt as if I had been stabbed through my soul. I dropped my paintbrush to the ground. My Papyrus...he...he would protect Undertale and his drawing ideas of new AUs. He told me he had to go protect Undertale and his AUs one day, so he went into the big battle: Protector VS Destroyer. My Papyrus and Error's Papyrus fought and...mine had died. I had no idea what happened to Error's Pap, he never told me about it. But, before my Pap died, he told me to run. And keep running and never turn back. If he didn't return, he wanted me to protect and create the AUs he had started. So, that's what I did. Just thinking about Papyrus made my soul ache and cry. I didn't even realize I was sobbing to myself when Gaster mentioned him. I also noticed Error was...crying too? I heard some sniffles and muffled cries from him. Dream just was oddly confused. I never let anyone know of my Pap, so I didn't want to deal with their sympathetic responses that would make it worse. I just made them think I never had a Pap since I created AUs myself. Error did the same thing, make everyone think he didn't have a Pap and just destroyed by himself. I stopped my meltdown and looked Gaster straight in the eyes. Tear stains were glued to my cheekbones. "I rather not speak about it. Either way, what are you doing to this human?" I stated harshly. "Hm, just making her one of my...new experiments," Gaster chuckled. I know of all the pain he made UT Sans and Papyrus go through to make his experiments work. When they didn't, he just made them go through even more pain than before. I heard a groan of someone different. Confused, I looked over at the human. She was stirring in her sleep, making weird noises. Soon, she started kicking and rolling around in distress. I ran over to her, but a purple aura surrounded me. "No, bad Ink. She has to stay this way for it to work," Gaster stated before he roughly threw me against a lab wall. I groaned and did my best to stand up, which I succeeded. I noticed Error immediately started fighting Gaster as Dream sneakily went over to the human. He picked her up gently and stopped her flailing her arms which got her calm. He stroked her hair before making a portal and leaving. A ping of something hit me, disgust written on my face. "Error! Let's go!" I yelled to him as he stopped his fighting. I made my way over to my paint brush to create a portal. Error was making his portal, or rip, waiting for me. I motioned him to go. He nodded and started making his way through the portal. I didn't even notice Gaster flailing his arms in anger and searching through his papers. I shrugged, leaving him be. I can't believe he's just letting us go like that. But, not every story has a happy ending. Or should I say, chapter. Thinking I was fine, I grabbed my paintbrush and started making a portal. That's when I was surrounded in a purple aura, dropping my paintbrush in the process. It rolled into the portal, leaving me with nothing to get out of here with. I can teleport, but I can't get out of this AU. Plus, I can just feel the aura draining my energy. "If I can't have her...

Į̸̯͇̩̺̲͈͆̍̈͆́̐'̷̧̨̛͈̘̣̥͚̤̪͉̰̳͓͔̗̪̗̩̜̽͜L̷̨̧͉͔̼̼͍̣̘̺̳͓̝͖̯̦̠͔͛̍̄͗͐̋̅̀̀̽̈́̓̈́̋̀̽͘͠L̶̪͚̰̤̦̫̝̖͍̜̠͙̬̘͇̱̟̼̦̪̼͂̍̈́̎́̾̿̔̽̊͑̇́͘̚͘͜͠͝ J̶̢̱̺͚͍̗͖̻̣̩͎̹̬̤̩̮̞̥̗̰̓͂͛̈͌̉̑̓́̌̈͠ͅÛ̴̺̖͈̙̦̳̰̟̼̩̮͖̫͎̘͔̣̙̬̹̦̘̬͗̀̆̈́̏̇̍̓́̅̎̆͘͘͝Ș̸̨̰̟̩̖̭̫̘̘̩̣̗͉̜͈̟͕̣͍͔̜̪͚͂̏̑̎͘ͅŢ̴̢̧̰̝̖̐͒͛͂͗͋͆̂̏̎̽̑̅̉̀͘͘͠ Ḩ̷̡͈͇̻̩͔͕̖̜̟̱̦̖̜̼̾̅̎͆͂̀̽̃̓́̓̾̒̊̀̉́̕̚̚͝A̶̻̜͑̄̏̀̎̓̎̉́̚V̴̢̛͈̦̦̱̘̼͓͛̉̀̎́̑͋̎̈̆͛̔̈̆̾̉͐̾̉̿̄̃̚͜͜ͅE̵̛̗͌̌͐̒̽̏͑̀̏̐͆̐̎̐̀̏͐̆̕͠ Y̷̭̬̲̯̠̪̠̻̹̣̝̐̌̐̀͑̒͊̔̓̅̐̇̈́̎̂̓̈́̚̕̕̚̚͝͝͝O̸̺̦͇̺͕̻̤̥͎͖̪͍͎̗̬̫̬̣͉̠̰͎̝̎̀̿̓̉̌͛͛̈͂̈́̀͆̀̿̓̾͒̈́̈̐̚͜͝Ų̵̨̥̺͎̣͓̩̠̙̰͈̮͙̳̰̩̓͋̐̄̈́͑͋͌̅̕͘͜!̵̛̱̜͖̰̃̅̏͑͋̽̅͑̔̕̚