7) Gabriel And Silas

🌸Marie's POV🌸

    "They live in the neighborhood. This is Marie," Kota said, pointing at me. "And that is Sang. Sang, Marie, this is our friend, Victor. Anything else you want to know, Victor?" Sang started to get out of the pool, looking a little sad. Maybe she wanted to play more in the water.
   "Why was she sleeping in Nathan's bed?" Victor asked, his eyes on Kota. They both stared at each other for what seemed like ages, conversing again with the eyes. I looked at Nathan, he was thinking about something. I first time actually saw that he was shirtless. My jaw dropped. He had a very built figure, as if he was a boxer. He is the first guy I saw shirtless in real life, other than T.V. and magazines. I also noticed that Sang was in different clothes, don't know why.
    "We will talk about it later." Kota said. No, I take that back. Kota commanded. There was a command in his voice. Like they were to follow his orders. What kind of friends order each other?  I know I didn't have any friend until now, but I read books. They have a very strong bonding, Kota, Nathan and Victor. Like Sang and I have, like they are siblings. They were hard to figure out, but I could tell that they were more than just friends.
     Victor nodded and said, "Gabriel is coming in 10 minutes, I left him in a store, he wanted to buy something and Silas is coming in 20." More people? How can a person have so many friends? It was a little confusing. They seemed to know each other from a long time. I tried not to over think. I was looking too much into it.
     "Why? What is the plan for today?" Nathan asked.
     "Uh, this is my fault. I forgot to tell you yesterday that we have to help North and Luke with the new diner. We discussed it yesterday." Kota said and pushed his glasses up, looking embarrassed. Victor and Nathan both looked surprised.
   "YOU forgot?" Nathan asked Kota, emphasising 'you'.
   "Yeah, you barely forget things." Victor agreed, frowning. Now Kota looked very embarrassed, His cheek flushed.
    "There was a lot going on yesterday... And I didn't forget it, I intended to tell this to you today." Kota explained.
   "Okay, let's go inside." Nathan dismissed. Sang and I looked at each other, it seemed like we were thinking about the same thing. It was too much to grasp. I was almost forgetting names now.
I didn't know how many more were there in their group, so as we moved inside, I asked, "How many friends do you guys have?"
   Three of them chuckled. "There is nine of us but now including you two, it's eleven." Kota said. Including both of us?
   Victor looked again very surprised, as if he didn't consider it right to put us in their group. It made me a little sad, because I wanted them to accept us, both of us. A fleeting thought came across my mind, if there were girls in their group. But then I thought it was a silly question, because they were so good looking and nice. Of course they all had girlfriends, and there must be other girls in this group, otherwise they would never accept us as friends. We are nothing special. was nothing special. Forget it. I am over thinking again.
   "Hey Kota, we need one more member! We are again an odd number, now we won't be able to make equal teams when we play games." Nathan whined and Sang and I giggled. 
   "It's okay Nathan, we will remove you from the team as always, to equal up!" Victor exclaimed.
    "Ouch. That's a lie, still it hurts to know that you don't love me." Nathan said, his face actually looking crestfallen. He was good at acting and he was being too cute. They were all fun to be with.
    I saw that Sang was shivering, so I told Sang to change. She went inside the bathroom, and we all sat at the couch.
     Just when Nathan was going to say something, a voice little deeper than Victor's came  from the outside. "Oy, open the fúcking door!" The voice said, then knocked the door in a pattern. Nathan was sitting besides me, so he whispered in my right ear, his lips almost touching it,
     "Open the door, but not wide enough for him to see us. Go fast." His voice was filled with mischief. So I did as he said. I was up for fun, after all this. I went to the door and opened it just a little. He was standing with a phone in his hand, doing something on it. I stood there for like 30 seconds, without saying anything, staring at him.
    He was about Victor’s height though a little slimmer in the hips. His hair hung long around his chin but brushed back away from his face. Two locks of hair, one tucked behind each ear, were colored a lighter shade of blond. The rest of his hair was a rich brown. When he looked up, he took a step back, his eyes wide. He had crystal-like, deep blue, exited and wild. I could tell he was fun loving.
   He looked behind, muttering something under his breath. He looked at the pool, then at the house and then said, "I am sorry, but isn't this someone else's house? I think you are at the wrong place." He said, to me. I just stood there, not knowing what to say next.
   "I am at the right place." I said, trying to sound serious.
    "Geez. I am sorry. I think I took a wrong turn." He said, his ears tinted red and then turned back and started to run as fast as he could.
    Nathan came from behind me and called out loudly, laughing, "Hey Gabe, come back in, we were just messing with you!"
    Gabriel. Now I remembered his name. Gabriel turned, again in shock. "You motherfúcker! I knew this was your house. I was feeling so embarrassed! You are so dead." He said, and then came back in to punch Nathan in the stomach. It was not a very light punch. For a minute I was scared that he will punch me too, but then he just went inside, whining, "Kota I was not expecting this from you! You didn't say anything to them."
    Kota chuckled. "It was actually funny, sorry Gabriel."
   "Who is she?" He asked, pointing at me. And then turned when he heard the bathroom door open. His jaw went wide again. "And who is she?! What the fuçk are you up to? Are you people hiding something from me?" He looked a little pale. He must have seen girls before, why was he sweating it so much?
   "Don't worry, we are hiding nothing. This is Marie and that is Sang, they are our new neighbors. And girls, this is Gabriel, our friend." Nathan said.
    "Oh. Hi both of you. And you Missy, I am going to get back at you, just you wait." Gabriel said, he had a playful glint in his eyes. I hope he was just joking.
    Soon there was another knock on the door. "Marie, go again, let's scare Silas a little now!" Gabriel whispered, snickering.
    "No, let Sang go! Both should get a chance!" Nathan said and ran towards Sang, pushing her towards the door.
   Sang looked at him questioningly, so Nathan said, "go, just open the door and don't let him see us!"
   "Okay." She mumbled and went with a hand on her lip.

Not The Perfect Tenजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें