13) A New Start

🌸Marie's POV🌸

      I woke up when I heard the door creak. Kota came inside the room. When he looked at me, he blushed profoundly. I frowned, confused.
    "I am sorry I woke you up," he said, clearing his throat.
    "It's fine, I was just going to wake up anyway. What time is it?"
    "It's 6:30 pm. I-I have something." He shuttered and handed me a paper. I froze, realising it is the paper on which I wrote my poem. I took it from him, my hands shaking.
    "I found it in Sang's bedroom when I came here in the morning." He said, his eyes on the paper.
     I just stared at him, and then at the paper, not knowing what to do. He was still blushing.
     "Turn it around." He said, his voice a low whisper. I turned it and saw that something was written on it. I opened the page and started to read it.
     My cheeks burned as I started to read it. Tears came without even realising. I was so moved by the poem, that my chest was hurting with happiness. The poem was -

         YOUR BEAUTY...
Your melodious voice,
The undeniable kindness in your eyes,
Your big, dauntless heart,
Have indeed captivated me from the start.
And I don't know if it is magic or an evil spell,
All I know is that my heart has already fell.
No need to thank me, I am doing this for myself,
Because I want your heart to heal, this  is not help.
And yes, of course, I accept you the way you are,
Because believe me, you are very beautiful, inspite of being broken and scarred.
                              -K.

     It was a reply to my poem. A sob escaped from my mouth. Kota came close to me and touched my shoulder.
    "Hey, I am sorry. I did-didn't mean to hu—ah" He started to say, but I him hugged tightly to make him stop.  I couldn't handle more. I couldn't believe what he said - what he wrote. This was too good. And too good is not possible in my life.
     "Th-thank you." I whispered.
     "Stop thanking me, sweety." He whispered back, chuckling. I smiled. I was really thanking all the time.
     I looked up into his eyes, and it was probably my worst mistake. His green eyes were dilated. He was looking at me with a kind of longing and lov... No. Not love. He couldn't love me. It wasn't possible. He was now staring at my lips. He moved closer, and I steeled myself, trying my best not to move away. I closed my eyes. I could feel his breath on my skin. I knew I was blushing, but I couldn't help it.
    Someone knocked on my door and Kota stumbled backwards. I opened  my eyes, relieved yet disappointed. I wanted to feel the same way I felt when Victor's lips touched mine. Shît. Now I realised how fuçked up this was. I liked what I did with Victor. And now I wanted to do it with Kota. I liked two guys at the same time. Not like brothers. Funny and embarrassing thing was, that I don't like any of the guys like brothers. Or maybe I did, how would I know how a girl likes her brothers, when I never had a brother? Maybe I liked them as brothers. Yeah. I cannot like so many people at the same time.
     "... Marie?" Kota asked, waving his hands in front of my eyes. I blushed, realising that I zoned out.
     "Huh?" I asked, not knowing what he has said.
     "Nathan asked if you wanted to meet your mother. She is safe now." I saw that Nathan was now standing there with Sang. Sang was staring at me, frowning.
     "Oh, I don't have a problem meeting her. But... I'd rather not. Wait, was she asking for us?"
     "Um, no, she was not asking for you both. But she wanted to see your dad, she was pretty angry when she woke up. She said that she wanted to divorce him." Nathan said.
     Mother still didn't think it was partially her fault too. She never will, I think. I sighed, and said,
     "I am sorry for what happened with her. But I don't want to meet her. Not when she still doesn't want to accept her mistakes."
    Kota and Nathan nodded. Someone ringed the doorbell and we looked down.
    "Who is here now?"
    "I don't know. No one from our team was going to come here. Let me check, it must be a courier or something." Kota said and headed downstairs.
     We stayed up, waiting for Kota.
     We could hear some voices but then a shout came from downstairs that froze the three of us.
     "Marie, Sang! Were are you both? And who is this guy?!" Dad shouted, his footsteps coming up. He saw us standing in my room. He looked at Nathan, giving him a cold stare.
    "Who are these guys? What are you both doing at your mom's back?" Dad asked, anger clear on his face.
    "We are their friends, Mr. Sorensen." Kota said, coming from behind.
    "They don't make friends. Get out of my house, both of you." Dad said.
    "They don't have to go anywhere. They are here because we want them here." I said, my voice low and angry. He always remained silent. He didn't have the right to care for us, now, when we where actually somewhere good.
      "Well, this is my house. And I don't want them to be here." He said.
      "Okay, let's leave then. If they are not allowed to come here, we will leave too." I said, staring into his eyes.
      "And where will you go?" Dad asked mockingly.
      "That's not your business. I am already eighteen. I can leave this house whenever I want."
      "What about Sang, you'll leave her here?" He again asked, and he thought he was winning this argument, because there was a big smirk on his face. I smirked back. He was so not winning this.
      "I am eighteen. AND what you don't know is that Sang turns eighteen tomorrow, dad." I called out. There. His face paled. His eyes turned hard, staring at me angrily, but then he turned around.
      "I don't care. About any one of you. Not your mother, not Sang or you. I don't care. I was going to kick you all out soon anyway. Better you get off today." He said, without turning around and then he left the room. Okay. So, he won. That actually hurt. I have said that we will get out of here. What I didn't know was where we will go after getting out of here.
    "Don't. It's fine. We will figure it out. Did you unpack your bags? If you did, pack them back fast. There's no need to stay here now." Kota said, keeping​ his hand lightly on my shoulder.
    "I didn't unpack them." I said in a small voice.
    "I did, but it won't take much time to pack it again." Sang said in a smaller voice. It's her birthday tomorrow. I have to do something for her. My little sister.
   "Let's pack your stuff then, Sang." I said, hugging her and then kissing her forehead. She was like my own child. I love her like I would have loved mine.
    "Okay."
    That's it. We are ready for a new start now.

_________________________________

Writing a book is HARD.
I didn't even make these characters, still it is hard to write about them.

Moreover, every scene I write (even after having a new character to plot with), it feels like the scene is already used somewhere, because there are SO MANY fanfictions on this single book series!  I try to come up with new stuff, but sorry if sometimes things get boring.

Anyways, hold your breaths for the next chapter, because you will surely have fun in next one.

(SPOILER: WE WILL BE CELEBRATING BIRTHDAY'S' IN THE NEXT CHAPTER.)

Hope you like this (And if you don't, please don't give up on this yet!), Thanks!🌷