10) Marie, Embarrassed.

🌸Marie's POV🌸

I rushed to the bedroom with Kota, he was carrying Sang in his arms. I saw four more people with them, that I haven't seen before, but knew more about me and my sister than we did. It was a little creepy, but I decided to ask them about it later, as Sang was the main concern now.
The person, who ordered Kota to put Sang on bed was examining her. Is he a doctor? I thought, looking at him. He seemed very young, probably 19 or 20. He patted Sang's cheek, trying to wake her up. She stirred but didn't open her eyes.
"Is she alright?" I asked him, worried because she didn't wake up.
"She will be, Kota bring her water, fast." He ordered but the Nathan came into the room saying,
"I already brought it, doc, here take this." Definitely a doctor. I thought.
The doctor sprinkled a little water on her. She woke up, her eyes disoriented at first but then she came back to her senses. "Are you feeling alright, Miss. Sang?" The doctor asked, checking her pulse. Then he made her drink the water.
"I am feeling very dizzy." Sang said, her voice very weak, she looked very pale and fragile.
"What did you eat last night and in the morning?" Doc asked, checking her eyes. Oh fúck. I forgot. We didn't eat breakfast today.
"I am sorry, I forgot to give her breakfast today." I said, feeling very apologetic. She fainted because of me.
"What about last night?" Doc asked, now looking at me.
"Uh...we didn't eat last night. Sorry." I said, again. Shít. How can I be so irresponsible?
"Not a surprise she fainted." He said, shaking his head, disappointed.
"I should have been more responsible, I am sorry, Sang." I said, holding her hand.
"It's not your fault, Marie," she said, squeezing my hand lightly.
"Did you eat?" Doc asked me, emphasising 'you'.
"No, but, she is fragile. I should have taken care of her." I said, my cheeks flushed. Why are they asking me? I am not the one who faced such a surprising news about myself, she is.
The doc took my hand and I almost jerked it back, but his hold was very firm. "I am just checking you pulse." He said, sensing my discomfort.
"I am fine, I don't nee-" I started to say, but he cut me in mid sentence. They did this a lot.
"Your pulse is running low. You think you are fine, but five more minutes, and you will faint too. Sit on the bed, Miss. Marie, Nathan, please bring water for her, too. And cook something for them, quickly."
"On it." Nathan said, already running out. Victor went with Nathan, to help him I guess. My cheeks were burning. I wasn't used to been taken care of. I always cared for Sang, almost like her mother-and don't get me wrong, Sang cared for me too-but I was always the protector. Now, being protected by these guys like this, I felt quite uncomfortable, it was not a bad feeling though. It filled my chest with some kind of happiness and filled the emptiness I didn't even know existed until I met them.
I felt so much because of them, that my emotions forced me to write a poem to free themselves, when I promised to myself that I will never write a poem ever again. I don't know if this was good or bad. But I know this was healing the wounds that were buried deep inside me.
Nathan returned with the water, handing it to me.
"You are not super woman, Marie, you too need food just like your little sister." He said playfully, but I could sense the seriousness behind his voice.
"Yes, Miss. Marie, don't forget to take care of yourself while taking care of your sister. You are important, too." Doc said. Everyone was looking at me intently, even Sang. I could feel my cheeks getting warmer than ever. You are important too, he said. How no one has ever told me that... I wanted to divert their attention. So, when I remembered about Sang's bruise on her shoulder, I said,
"Sang has a bruise on her shoulder, doctor...-?" I asked, not knowing his name.
"Dr. Sean Green" he pushed
"-Dr. Green, please check it too." I said, and as I expected, now they were looking intently at Sang. Sang ducked down further to hide from their intent gazes and I almost chuckled.
We both didn't like getting so much of attention, we were used to being invisible. Now, all these guys were just too intense for us. Specially their caring stares, that always made my heart thump. We never got this kind of caring stares from mom and dad. Héll, they never looked in our eyes or even better if I say that they never looked at us. They stared at something else while they talked to us, always. They barely noticed if we were happy or sad. And now it was making me feel very cold, I almost wanted to hate them both. For not treating us like parents should treat their children, for hitting Sang, for not caring for us, for hiding things- so many important things from us. I still didn't know how I felt about mother's cancer. I felt quite sad, but deep down I knew she was not very well and would leave us soon. I was fine with that...but not much, she was mother after all.
"Yes, I remember about the bruise," Dr. Green said and them turned to Sang again, looking at her shoulders.
"Which one?" He asked Sang and she pointed out her bruised shoulder.
"I will slide the T-shirt down a little so I can see the bruise." He said, his tone business-like. Sang nodded, blushing. He slid the T-shirt down, and almost everyone gasped seeing the dark purple-black bruise. Sang winced, obviously now feeling more pain.
"Motherfúcking blóody héll! She must be evil, that lady!" Gabriel shouted, furious.
"I will kill that fuckíng lady!" The new big guy - not as big as Silas - said, his hands fisting. Most of them nodded their heads. Even I did, I think.
"She might have done wrong guys, but she is already on the face of death. Don't be too rude." Dr. Green said, patiently.
"But that doesn't give her the right to punish them like that!" Nathan said, looking less angry after what Dr. Green said.
"Yes. But that doesn't give us the right to use bad words for the lady, either. We don't forget who we are. We don't kill, we aren't bad, remember that." The man who screamed perfection said, his expression were giving nothing away, he had everything in the right place, his gray eyes firm and shiny as steel, his black-rimmed glasses sat perfectly on his nose, not even slightly high or low, his voice smooth and strong, holding an undeniable command. The man controlled everything. It was like the most obvious thing in the world. He was not he man who you would like to mess with. The first word he uttered, both Sang and I went straight as rod, sitting in a better position. I was intimidated by that man, 'intimidated' being a small word as compared to what I was feeling. Even my mom would agree to whatever this man said, because his voice commanded that he wouldn't take no as an answer. I was very impressed by him.
"Mr. Blackbourne is right, guys, we have to be patient. Nathan, don't you have the cream for bruises that doc gave you once? We can use it on Sang, right?" Kota said, looking at Nathan then at Dr. Green.
"Yes, that's an excellent idea. Will you please bring it, Nathan?" Dr. Green asked Nathan. I felt very guilty.
"Nathan, wait. Tell me where it is and I will bring it to you. You have already done so much, I feel bad for asking more every time." I said, getting on my feet.
"It's fine, Miss. Sorensen, Nathan is perfectly capable of doing what he is asked to. I would rather you stay here and rest." Mr. Blackbourne said, staring into my eyes. There was no way I was not following his orders, so I didn't say anything.
"You heard what Mr. B said, now, sit down, Marie." Nathan said, making me sit on bed the bed again.
I sat down with a huff, blushing, it was quite embarrassing for me, if you as me. They will not let me do anything. I was starting to like it, I think.
Victor came back with a tray.
"It's toast, fruits and juice, will that be fine for them, Dr. Green?" Victor asked, keeping the tray in front of me and Sang.
"Yes, thank you Victor, that will do. Now, eat both of you, it's a doctor's order." Dr. Green said.
Nathan came with the cream, for Sang's bruise. Dr. Green took it and applied it lightly on Sang's bruise. She closed her eyes tightly, flinching because of the cream.
"It is very cold," Sang said, a shiver escaping from her.
"Yeah, sorry for that. But it heals a bruise very fast. Apply it twice a day until the bruise turns green." Dr. Green said. We both nodded. I will make sure she doesn't forget applying it.
"Now eat." Dr. Green said. I drank the juice first then nipped on toast. Even after not eating yesterday and today, I didn't feel hungry. I was feeling weird.
"What do we do now? Do we leave the house? Because I am not letting her go there again." I said and the boys nodded, agreeing with me.
"No. We are not going yet. Not until I talk to mom, I need answers." Sang said, her voice string and firm like I have never heard before. What was going in her mind?
"Are you sure about this, Sang? You don't have to face her again." I asked her.
"No, she deserves answers, Marie. Let her do what she wants to. We will be there with you and her, no one will harm both of you." Kota said. I was fine with that, if Sang wants it.
"Okay, when do you want to go to her?" I asked Sang.
"Now, if that is alright." She said, her eyes held pain. A tear escaped from her eyes, but she looked angry, they were probably angry tears. I have never seen this Sang before. There was confidence in her, she seemed very sure.
I looked that Dr. Green for he answer.
"Yes, it will be fine, let's go." He said. This will be over soon. I promised myself. No more harassment after today.

----------------------------------------
I will update the next chapter soon, have it figured out nicely in my head.
Enjoy! <3