four

They were about two months in when they had the worst fight ever.

Harry came home and was irritated with things that happened at work. Louis tried being a good housewife but harry just didn't want to bite.

"What do you want me to do?!" Harry shouted.

His voice was deep and his eyes held anger and a feeling Louis couldn't recognize.

"I just want you to tell me whats wrong!" Louis shouted back.

The house was like a war zone. Anyone who entered would be caught in the middle of a battle field.

"Yeah right. Like you tell me everything!"

Louis was shocked and taken back. He thought Harry was fine with him leaving every night. He seemed fine with it.

"What?"
"Don't play dumb with me Louis. Who are you running off to hmm? Who is fucking you so good that you keep going back to them? Clearly I'm doing something wrong!"

Louis recognized the other feeling. It was betrayal. And he was hurt that Harry would think that of him. Wasn't he enough?

"The first night you brought me home you said you were fine with it. You said to me over and over again you trusted me, that you loved me."

"Yeah well Louis maybe I was wrong! Maybe you can't be trusted.."

He was cut off by Louis' phone ringing.

"Is that him? The fuck buddy?"

Louis ignored it and answered the phone. "Daddy?"

Louis' eyes widened.

It sounded like he had been crying.

"What's wrong baby? What happened?" He rushed out.

"There are people here. Daddy they have guns."

"Okay baby calm down. Remember what I told you if you are in danger and I'm not there?" He asked pulling on his shoes.

"Hide. Daddy I'm scared."

Louis felt like crying.

"I know. I know but you are brave. I am on my way okay baby don't hang up the phone darling."

He could hear him sniffing. Louis ran out the door ignoring Harry's protests.

This is his baby.

"Can you hear me? Baby I need you to talk to me."

"They are coming daddy."

"I'm almost there baby. I need you to keep quiet."

"Daddy!" He heard his screaming fading followed by laughter.

He could hear him crying more, out of pain.

He jumped downs the rocks just as a police car drove past the bridge. He heard something drop and footsteps running away.

Louis climbed under the bridge and was attacked by a crying five year old.

He picked up the sniffing body and sat down on one of the rocks rocking him forth and backwards.

"Shh. I'm here baby. I'm right here. I came didn't i. I'm sorry if I am a bit late. But I'm here. I'm right here and I'm not leaving you." He soothed the crying toddler.

"They hit me. Daddy don't leave me again."

Louis pulled the child's head out of his chest and lifted it.

He gasped at blue-purple mark under his eye. His lip was swollen a bit.

"I won't leave you again. I promise." He hugged him tight.

Louis felt guilty. How could he just leave him here in the day and night? Sure the nice old woman down the road helps Louis and give his baby a place to sleep every night and to stay every day but the child is just like Louis. Stubborn.

No matter how many times the lady asks him to stay he never does. Always returning to the bridge where he once lived.

Standing up he placed him on the ground and kneeled down in front of him.

"Can you lift your shirt for daddy. I just want to see if he hurt you anywhere else."

The child raised his shirt as far as he could showing of a yellow bruise on his stomach.

Louis pulled his shirt down and held the child in his arms.

"Louis?" Louis knew that voice. That's Harry's voice.