seven

Louis stood up and rushed towards Nick.

"What happened? What's wrong?"

Nick ran a hand through his face.

"I'm gonna need your permission to give him surgery right now. I will explain to you as soon as he is in. But Louis he needs it. Now!

Louis nodded tears welling in his eyes. "Yes. Do it."

Nick left and came back with a couple of nurses. They went into the other room and came back with Ethan fast asleep on a hospital bed. They wheeled him out as Louis followed with Harry on his trail.

He watched as they wheeled him into a room. Nick led Louis to the waiting room. They sat down on the plastic chairs.

"When Ethan got a hit it cracked his ribs. Now normally I wouldn't be concerned except when it cracked a few splinters got loose. Louis it's moving towards his heart and once it reaches his heart he's gonna die."

"Oh god. But you're not gonna let him die. Right?"

Nick shook his head. "No. I just came to tell you. I'm gonna be there with him the entire time. He's gonna be fine. Okay?"

Louis nodded. Nick stood up and began walking to the room.

"I remember when I found out I was pregnant. I was sitting with my mum on the couch watching some shitty cooking show.

I was sick that entire week so when I got sick again mum brought in this plastic bag. She locked the bathroom door behind her and sat down on the tub.

She gave me the back and said 'Loubear please take it.'

I was confused as to what was in the bag but nevertheless I took the bag.

It was three pregnancy tests.

They came out positive and while I was crying my mum was there rubbing my back and telling me everything was going to be okay.

I never wanted to tell her but she wanted to know who the other father was.

So I spilled the beans on the night I was raped. She was crying so much.

At that time it was hard to get enough money. My step dad became abusive towards mum.

She took the hits that was meant for me. My little sisters were scared to death so I hid them in my cupboard.

When he was done mum was just so tired. She would go to sleep and he would leave to drink.

I fed them, bathe them and every night read them a story and kissed them goodnight. But every night when they thought I was asleep they would crawl in my bed. I would hug them tight and kissed their fore head."

Louis looked over to see Harry just staring at him.

"Eventually he saw the pregnancy tests. I had two choices. Give the baby up like abortion, or leave.

I didn't want to kill him. So I packed my bags and said goodbye. My mum cried when she saw I was leaving. She couldn't do anything.

I lived under that bridge until I gave birth. Ny mum is a nurse here and I was so glad she had a shift that night.

I left the next day with Ethan. Since then we lived under the bridge until the auction started."

Harry was quiet. Eventually he sigh and turned to Louis.

"I can't do this anymore."