𝘅𝗶. i bet you think about me

❛ 𝐅𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐄

❛ 𝐅𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐄 . . .
011. i bet you think about me by taylor swift
━━━━━━━━━━━

SEATTLE . . .

"Are you going to drink that?"

Oh.

When Beth blinked, she was in Seattle.

When she blinked, she was sitting in a bar with her elbows on the table, staring ahead of herself as an evening in downtown Seattle began. 

She'd become a background character of what was proving to be a busy night, trailing her fingertips across the bar-top and facing memories as if they were reflections in the rearview mirror. It was barely even 6pm and yet there she was. 

It wasn't a table in a dive bar, but the friendly slightly mystified smile of a stranger a seat down.

When she blinked, Beth was a recovered alcoholic sitting with a shot in front of her.

Oh fuck.

Her whole world shuddered at it; a tiny glass filled with some indiscernible liquor that she had ordered as if on autopilot.

 (It had been terrifyingly easy to compartmentalise it all, to toss the same voices that had fought for her sobriety, all to the back of her head.)

She now just stared at it, a lump at the back of her throat as she figured how close she'd been to throwing one of the only achievements she'd ever had, all down the drain–– a breath caught in her chest and she almost spluttered it out as she pushed the shot across the bar top:

Oh fuck.

"No," Beth said quietly, "Go ahead."

She looked over at the woman as she clambered into her seat. 

Dark hair and dark eyes, an unfamiliar face and not the blonde she'd been waiting for. Slightly disoriented, Beth watched her take the glass in between her fingers and toss it back even before she was completely seated; the ghost of the burn travelled through her throat as the woman swallowed. And then, as if she'd been scalded, Beth looked away.

Tentatively, she ordered a lemonade.

This had been a mistake.

(What was a mistake? Why the whole thing of course! )

(She was beginning to feel like a cautionary tale that they martyred in a kid's book.)

Once upon a time, a the noble and tired recovered addict agreed to meet the honourable Meredith Grey at Emerald City Bar, three hours before her flight out of Seattle! The noble Beth of the far Eastern kingdom was tired after facing the big mean evil Mark and her wicked sister. She was tired and was trying really hard to not take a big bag of bad evil narcotics and swallow it whole until she swelled into the size of a big balloon and floated away higher and higher––!