Chapter Thirteen: Boyfriend

"Want a cheeseburger?" I offer one of my two to Adrianna, who is munching down on a price of lettuce. She reminds me of a rabbit.

She shakes her head instantaneously, "God no. Do you know how fat those things make you? I cannot believe that you ordered two. What are you? A pigsty? Not to be mean."

That was a little mean, but I know that she didn't mean it. I think. Anyways, I haven't had a cheeseburger in months because I hardly went to fast food restaurants because we had our meals on campus. I would've gone out for meals, but do you know how far the nearest restaurant is?

"It's been forever since I've had one. My school makes us 'eat healthy' and it's beginning to bug me. I am not usually like this," I take a huge bite out of the burger and the familiar flavour rushes through my mouth. It's been forever since we met, you and I.

"You better leave some room," she gives me a raised eyebrow.

It is not normal to see girls shoving fast food into their mouths. They are all too worried about their body shapes and how fat they will become because of one single little burger. Girls these days are freaks.

"Save room for dinner with the special guy?" I question obviously. I mean, what else could she have meant?

"No," her response takes me by surprise, "No one cares about that. You need to leave room so that you aren't too fat to fit into the dress we bought you. Geez what else could I have meant. Don't answer that."

Remember when I said that girls these days are freaks? My point exactly.

I roll my eyes, "You seemed way nicer in the airport. Is there something bugging you?"

I can tell by the way that she is picking at her salad that something has been making her down. I'm beginning to think that it has something to do with me meeting her boyfriend.

"You're pretty, skinny, confident. In other words, you're just what a guy is looking for. I was just thinking that... maybe my boyfriend won't like me after he sees you and compares us. I may be a model, but that does not mean heartbreaks don't hurt. I getting more worried by the second," she hesitates after every sentence, but manages to get it all out.

Her feelings are really alike to the time when Drew's ex, Yasmin came over. I thought that Drew would have some realization moment that they are still perfect for each other and will just drop me. It didn't happen because I had the best boyfriend ever, but I guess in the end, I never deserved him.

I wonder what it would be like to cross paths with Drew again. Awkward is a definitely. Maybe there will be some crying. It will probably end up with some sort of fight and then even more crying. I think it's best if we never see each other ever again.

"C'mon. You know deep down that's it going to happen. A relationship is based on more than looks. It's based on the fact that you really truly do like that person and you enjoy spending time with them," I hear my voice shake with every word that I sputter out.

"That's the problem. I'm afraid that he'll truly like you and want to spend more time with you. He'll just leave me out in the dumps. I would cry three rivers," she uses those piercing black eyes of hers to make a strong point.

I pull out the pickle from inside of my cheeseburger and throw it in the trash, "Adrianna Sam, you will not think like that! Even of he does take interest in me I will not like him back."

She breaks out into a camera smile, "Thank you! And the dress you bought this morning will pay off because my boyfriend will bring one of his closest friends to dinner with us, so you'll have someone to talk to!"