6:10ᴀᴍ

« It changes you a little bit every time you either break someone's heart or get your heart broken. »
-Amanda Seyfried-

█████████████████████

chapter six

WAIT, THATS WHAT that is?

⠀⠀⠀was the first thing that came to mind when Mason explained to me what a radical sign was.

⠀⠀⠀"did you never have to use it to find the square root when using pythagoreans theorem?"

⠀⠀⠀he asks with pure curiosity. I blink my eyes once and open my mouth before closing it again.

⠀⠀⠀"I'm sorry, what is a pie theorem?"

⠀⠀⠀he laughs but I really don't understand what's funny. He shakes his head and scribbles something on a paper.

⠀⠀⠀"its this,"

⠀⠀⠀he shows me an equation of some kind and I look up at him with just as much confusion.

⠀⠀⠀"we have a long way to go. This is the basics"

⠀⠀⠀I let out a frustrated groan and fling myself back in my chair.

⠀⠀⠀"well, I guess we can agree on one thing I'm basically screwed"

⠀⠀⠀he resists a laugh, I can tell by the look on his face.

⠀⠀⠀"I think we have to work on your puns too"

⠀⠀⠀I roll my eyes. I'm starting to get really discouraged because it's the third week of school and I still have made absolutely no progress what so ever.

⠀⠀⠀"hey, don't get discouraged,"

⠀⠀⠀he says, as if reading my thoughts.

⠀⠀⠀"We still have until the end of the semester to get your grade up. We can even study for the final together and I'll make sure you're ready for it"

⠀⠀⠀I let out a sigh and come to terms with his reassurance. I could do this. I had to do this.

⠀⠀⠀"why can't I just have your natural smartness"

⠀⠀⠀I groan, putting a hand to my head and giving up on whatever problem he was trying to make me solve.

⠀⠀⠀"I really think you discredit yourself, Braylee. You're a lot smarter than you let on, you just have to realize that."

⠀⠀⠀I sigh.

⠀⠀⠀"now you're sounding like Dr. Riley"

⠀⠀⠀"who?"

⠀⠀⠀I gulp.

⠀⠀⠀"nevermind, totally irrelevant it kinda just slipped. Do you ever just do that, say something without meaning to say it? Like it kinda just comes out but you didn't intend to say it? Or is that just me? I think—"