9:47ᴀᴍ

« once we accept our limits, we go beyond them. »
-Albert Einstein-

█████████████████████

chapter nine

THEY SAY THAT a lot can happen in three months.

⠀⠀⠀Actually, I don't think they say that. Whoever they are. But I'm saying it now. Because a lot really can happen in three months.

⠀⠀⠀For starters, Miles has decided our lifetime of friendship means nothing to him because he hasn't spoken to me once throughout this duration of time. I mean, it's either that or he's too busy with his face connected to Jessica's all the time that he doesn't have time to even breathe a word to me.

⠀⠀⠀that wasn't jealously I promise. I'm just really bitter because I miss my best friend. To make matters even worse, Amanda found out about the whole 'moments away from making babies on the restaurant table' incident and believed Logan's bullshit lies and is back with him! Like ! What !

⠀⠀⠀I've tried talking sense in to her, that whole 'once a cheater always a cheater' speech but she wasn't having it. Apparently Logan said it was a mistake and that he loves her and only her and she was all like "aww I love u 2 babe !"

⠀⠀⠀ok so maybe it didn't happen quite like that, but you get the gist. Anyways, I told her that if she goes back to Logan without really talking to him about what happened, I'd refuse to talk to her. And so here I am: not talking to her. Our last conversation went a little something like this:

⠀⠀⠀"mads... I really have to talk to you about something."

⠀⠀⠀keep in mind this conversation took place the morning after I left Masons house. I decided I shouldn't procrastinate telling her, she had the right to know.

⠀⠀⠀"sure Bray, what's up?"

⠀⠀⠀"Well uh, its about Logan actually."

⠀⠀⠀I remember her looking extremely calm and I felt awful that I was about to dump awful news that her boyfriend was a two timing loser.

⠀⠀⠀"is it about the fact that he kissed Rebecca? Because I already know about that."

⠀⠀⠀I'm sure at this point you could imagine my shock. I mean, I had just come here to tell Amanda that her boyfriend was cheating and come to find out that she already knew. Plus she was... literally okay. Not a single tear or even a frown in sight.

⠀⠀⠀"oh... uh, so how are you doing?"

⠀⠀⠀After the moment I figured it must be some post breakup coping mechanism, you know? Pretending everything's okay even though your boyfriend of almost four years just got caught with another girl. So in other words, things were definitely not okay.

⠀⠀⠀"I'm fine, we worked things out."

⠀⠀⠀I stared at her in disbelief. As of then it had probably been under twenty four hours since the incident and I'm sure it would take her a little longer to come to terms with what happened. Well, apparently not.

⠀⠀⠀"Did you guys talk about what happened?"

⠀⠀⠀She nodded her head and sent a text on her phone, almost as if she was entirely uninterested in the topic of this conversation. I was completely bewildered.