A life for a life

Aaron

We were wrong.

Everything was wrong.

The hunters never attacked the day we thought they would.

After the mind link broke, a huge explosion had shaken the whole campus. Everything seem to froze for seconds. And then again, other explosions. One after another, each one of them seem to be even closer to where I was.

The hunters where already here.

As another explosion occurred, I finally came out of shock. Quickly, I ran towards the door and headed out of the boys building.

Outside the pale moon was shining, the sky was covered with grey clouds and a chilly wind hit my skin, when I came out. The building were the classes where, was slowly coming down. Sector by sector, the flames consuming everything.

I could see some bodies trying to escape the fire, while other just burned. Screams filled the air. Everything seemed to slowly crumble down, piece by piece.

The explosions had stopped, and the screams for help had ceased. There was no sound, but the wind. Furiously blowing.

And suddenly, I saw, dark figures started coming out of the woods that surrounded the school. They were so many of them, and they were all armed. Crossbows, arrows, swords, daggers, stakes and lots of things I couldn't identify.

The hunters stood there, Albus and his closest followers at the front. Evil smiles plastered on their faces. And that was when it hit me.

It was a trap.

Everything was a trap.

The knew all along about the link between Jasmine and me. They knew she would warn me, and they knew that Cox would call for back up, bringing the most important covens and packs to one spot. It was a massacre.

They would be killing many birds with one shot.

As the hunters surrounded what was left of the campus I saw some of them were dragging two big cages. Inside on of them was Noah, laying lifeless against the cold floor of the cage. But in the other was Jasmine.

My dead heart seemed to start racing, many emotions filling me at the sight of my mate. I had been apart from her for what seemed to be ages. And only now, when I had her so close to me, I realized how much I had really missed her.

I stayed still, afraid that if I attempted to do anything they would hurt her.

"Jasmine" I whispered.

She raised her head and her jade eyes found mine.

But there was something wrong.