Epilogue

Jasmine

After the battle was over, all that was left behind was blood, and corpses. So much pain and misery where left behind. And the anger. Anger, which had driven every single one of us to such a bloodbath. And although a big hunter cell had been exterminated, I was seriously wondering if it was worth it.

Most of the dead hunters weren't even thirty years old. Most of them had grown up believing that they were fighting for a good cause, that the sacrifices they made where worth it, but were they?

No body ever won at a war. Both sides  just proved how cruel and sadistic they could become. And that any moral they were ever taught was left behind. Anger driving them, covering reality. Just to end like this. Ripped open, blood spilled everywhere and dirt covering their faces. No body would ever remember them as they once were, but this people would be remembered as monsters.

And us? The supernatural creatures?

We were nothing better than them.

We just killed for the pleasure of it. And under the excuse that this was something we needed to do in order to survive. But the truth was, we were just fooling our selves. We loved to kill, to feel the fear and pain our victims felt as we slowly took their life away. And the strength and pleasure that we felt was something so appealing and irresistible that it couldn't be ignored.

At the end of the day, none of us were good. We were all monsters.

That day would for ever be remembered by both hunters and supernatural creatures. It will be an event that will hunt little kids to bed, and make the survivors cringe.

I would never forget that day.

The day I had killed my mate.

That day marked the begging of a new life, as well as the death of an old one.

I was never able to forgive my self. But I also knew there was nothing I could do about it. I had to move on. To leave time to heal the scars, and hope that everything would go better.

The school was rebuilt after that, but at a different location. I never exactly knew where, but I heard that there was a big memorial ceremony at the beginning of the year to honor the souls of those that had died on that uneventful day.

Some days after the war, Owen Cox had confessed that he was my real father. He told me he had met my mother long ago at a meeting of packs and covens when they were both young. It had been a teenage love, which I was born from. The problem was that my mother was already married at the time. And what she did was considered treason, so she was taken away from Owen. She died giving birth to me. And because I was a hybrid my pack had hated me. They had considered me the result on an act of treason.  Although Owen was  away, he always looked up for me, and made everything possible so I could enter the school and get away from my pack. Which is why I ended up at a boarding school for vampires.

After this confession, I first had felt angry. Angry at him for hiding the truth from me. But after all of it sink in, I understood that Owen did the best to keep me safe. And the fact that he actually cared for both me and my mom was enough for me to not hate him.

And what happen to Aaron, you may ask?

Well, after Owen told me to truth I decided that I need to go away. Far away from everything. To just clear my thoughts, and get away from the pain and the memories.

Aaron didn't want me to go, but he didn't force me to stay. He told me that it didn't matter how time I was away, he would always be waiting for me.

How much time was I away?

Nineteen months. Almost two years.

But now I am ready.

I'm ready to go back. To face my old life, to embrace the past and move on. But this time I would be moving on with Aaron by my side. That was of course, if after all this time Aaron did want me with him.

"You are back" Owen whispered when we were right in front of each other, his lips twitched up into a warm smile.

Not knowing exactly what to do,  I decided to just hug him. And it was then that I realized how much I had missed this type of affection. I knew that although my mom was gone, I still had my dad with me. And I wasn't going to waste any more time.  

"It's good to be back" I smiled, when he let me go "I wasn't really expecting you to come and welcome me"

"Well, it wasn't really my idea" he answered, looking at something behind him.

I followed his gaze and found Aaron standing a couple of feet away from us.

He was as beautiful as I remembered.

Tall and with a mysterious aura. His dark chocolate hair covering a side of his face, his inviting red lips, his clothes clinging to his muscular body, and his eyes. Those incredibly blue eyes, that I so often got lost in.

"Aaron" was all that I could say, before I ran towards him and hugged the life out him.

His intoxicating scent filled my nostrils, making me feel like I was finally at home. And I felt the happiest person alive when he raised his arms to placed them around me, hugging me back.

It felt like I was finally complete. I didn't feel hollow anymore.

"You have no idea how much I missed you" he said, when we broke apart

"I thought that you...after what I..." I didn't have to courage to continue, but he seem to understand what I meant.

His palm was pressed against my cheek,

"I told you before you left that I would be here waiting for you no matter how long it took you to come back" his lips were pressed against my forehead for a second before he continued talking "And I meant it. Every word of it. Jasmine I love you. And I want to spend the rest of my life with you. But only if you want to"

I swear my heart stopped at that confession, and when it sink in, my heart started beating so fast I thought it was going to jump off my chest.

The feeling of loosing Noah was always going to be there, a constant reminder of what had happened, but I learned to understand that it didn't need to be a painful memory, but a reminder of a young love that would remain  as a part of me.

And now that Aaron wanted me back I could finally be happy. I no longer had to feel alone or hated by anyone. I was loved and cared for. And I could finally love someone that loved me back too. That fact alone was enough to put  a huge smile across my face,

Instead of answering him, I quickly pressed my lips against his. Releasing all I had felt for such a long time. And when he kissed me back with as much passion as I was kissing him, I knew it.

I knew that no matter what troubles we have to face, Aaron was always going to be there.

And that was more than enough to make me happy.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, fellas, this is the end.

I hoped you liked it. I'm sorry if it was too cheesy or if there are any mistakes.

I also hope you enjoyed the reading the book as much as I enjoyed writing it.

Thanks again for the support and for reading this story

This story is dedicated to all of you

-Ria