S.O.L.

Musical inspiration for this chapter---
- "Believer" by American Authors
- "Twin Sized Mattress" by the Front Bottoms
- "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" by Cyndi Lauper

Opal's POV
I hope you step on a Lego when you're barefoot."
"Opal, I hope you fall in a hole and get eaten by bugs like in that episode of Supernatural."
Siblings. Don't they just make everything better? Hell to the nooooo.
And of course, your's truly has a twin. Well, not exactly but I'll explain that one a little later.

Here, let me introduce myself. I'm Opal, the protagonist of a shitty teen fiction novel aka my life. I love rainy days and listening to indie bands. I also deal with anxiety. I'm in therapy but I don't really see an improvement. I've had it for about four years now so I know what gives me anxiety attacks and what doesn't. For example, grocery stores scare the bajesus out of me. Fuck you, Stew Leonard's.

You just witnessed an argument with my sibling, Alex. The reason I use the term "sibling" a lot is because Alex is gender fluid. Even though they get on my last nerve, I respect them enough to use the right terminology. You see, Alex had a little mishap involving their Prius, a squirrel and a fire hydrant. I think you can figure out what happened. P.s, the squirrel survived. Because of this, I've been giving them a ride to school and Alex, being the annoying little turd they normally are, decides to change my music to Nicki Minaj. Alex's grimy ass knows that I'm team Remy. Fuck they thought this was?

"Hey, sis, you hungry? I didn't eat breakfast," Alex and I are major fat asses but because Alex wanted to take their sweet ass time in the bathroom this morning, we can't stop at the deli and get bacon egg and cheese sandwiches. Luckily, I have Doritos in my glove box but I'm not sharing with Alex. Do I look like 'End World Hunger' foundation?

But because I'm sympathetic, I stop at McDonald's. Alex better savor every bite. Reaching across my dashboard to grab the coupons, I catch a glimpse of myself in my rear view mirror. I look like Incredaboy, but with 4c hair. I can't do anything now because my Eden and cantu products are in my locker. Looks like I'm S.O.L or in other words, 'Shit Outta Luck.'