Elephants.

A/N-->> I hope you guys are enjoying this book as much as I am writing it. Feel free to tell me what you think, your opinions matter to me. Feel free to vote, comment and share this story with your friends.

Musical inspiration---->

Socially Awkward Song- Ryan Morrison

Lying is the Most Fun - Panic! At The Disco

Daisy- The Obsessives

In Your Arms- Kina Granis

I Will Follow You Into The Dark- Deathcab for Cutie

My Kind  of Woman - Mac Demarco

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Opal's POV

Why did I just kiss him?! I swore off guys completely. Especially after Anthony. I have too much to lose. One; my sanity. Two; my tranquility. And the most important of them all, three; my pride.

             We were all quiet for a few minutes. No one knew what to say or when to say it. It was so quiet, all you could hear were the printers, pages being turned and the storm outside. Right about now, I wish I was in that storm. Hell, anywhere other than here.Tommy was the first to break the awkward silence.

"Well, look at what the kitty cat coughed up in the litter box?"

"Hhheeeyyy, guys! Isn't the weather just lovely?" I say, still ontop of Connor.

"Opal, it's basically a fucking typhoon," Zelda decided to chime in, giggling like a child.

"Guys, chill out. Sugarplum here is uncomfortable," Conner felt the need to pull me even closer 

as he said this.

"Awwww, Zelda. He called her sugarplum. You guys are so sweet, I'm gonna get a toothache."

"Tommy, if you don't stop talking in the next five seconds, you're not going to need to worry about your toothache because your teeth will be in the back of your throat," I say, trying to stand up.

"Zelda, I think that's our queue to vacate the premises," Tommy whispered while dragging Zelda along with him. Where the hell is Alex?

"Conner let me go!"

"Only if you promise that we'll talk about this later."

"And if I don't?," he gets this shit eating grin when I asked him this.

"I'll never let go."

"Even though you just quoted my least favorite movie, you have a deal."

"Genie, you're free."

"Stop with the movie quotes, Conner."

"So my little sugarplum isn't as much of a cinemaphile as I am? That breaks my heart."

"I am. You're just quoting the wrong era. I like Cary Grant more than Leonardo DeCaprio."

"Ahhhhh, so Audrey Heppburn more than Jennifer Lopez?"

"You're getting it now, Fitzpatrick."

By now, it was time to go back to class. In about an hour, we'd have to address the elephant in the room. He helped me up and together, we walked to our classes. He decided to hold my hand. Why? I honestly don't know. 

                  As we walked down the hall, it started to get more congested and made me uncomfortable. My palms started to get sweaty and the air felt thicker. My anxiety was getting the best of me. I guess Conner sensed this because he felt the need to put his arm around me. He whispered in my ear and said, "Don't pay attention to them. It's okay, I'm here." For the rest of the walk, I held onto his jacket like my life depended on it.

                 Sooner than I had hoped, we made it to my civics class. I didn't want to let go of him but I did. Before he could say goodbye, I kissed him on the cheek. As  I walked to my seat, Conner stood there in the doorway, lightly touching his cheek. He seemed awestruck that I kissed his cheek, which makes no sense. My tongue was literally down his throat less than 15 minutes ago. He turned around and walked to his class with the goofiest smile on his face. It made me feel like a million bucks because I know that I put that there. Maybe he's different than the others. After dealing with Anthony the cheater, Cameron the jerk and T.J the sex addict, I really wasn't feeling the whole dating thing. Anthony is sadly still in my life, Cameron moved to Seoul to pursue an acting career in K-Dramas and T.J. went to rehab to treat his condition.

                  But Conner, he's a saint compared to the three exes from hell.  I hope this conversation goes well later. He's the first guy that truly made me feel safe. He made me feel beautiful, not just "sexy" or "hot". He really made me feel like a brand new woman. I'm actually comfortable enough to admit my feelings. In fact, I'm ready to address the elephant in the room.