Love Wasn't Enough

One night as I was listening to her toss and turn in her sleep, her body stopped moving. Mommy ran in and we rushed to the hospital. They hurried her into a room of bright lights with lots and lots of people hovering over her small body checking this and that. 

Mommy held me in her arms that night as we waited in the waiting room. Daddy was silent and he squeezed Mommys hand. After what felt like forever, a doctor walked slowly towards us. She sat down across from us and spoke with sorrow in her voice. 

We walked into the room and Mommy handed me to Ruby. Ruby had lots of tubes and needles in her, she had never looked so tired. Her fragile little voice spoke gently, "I love you." to all of us.

Daddy held her hand and Mommy stroked her head. They looked at Ruby with such deep love. Mommy finally whispered back, "We love you too little angle, even Teddy." 

I felt the smallest little squeeze from her arms before her eyes fluttered close. 

The sound of the heart monitor laid flat and like that, Ruby was gone forever.

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Apr 29, 2017 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

Rubyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें