Road to Recovery (Christina POV)

Madam Máxime agreed to let me stay till winter break so that I could recover. Using that time wisely, my friends decided to attempt to become animagi.

"Ugh! This is super confusing!" Alex said while gripping the ends of her blood-red hair.

We were in my hospital room and talking about changing into your animagus. We had roughly two weeks before winter break was over, I had already had four painful transformations and only Alex was having trouble with her animagus form.

"You just need to concentrate. Here watch us." Annie said and all of the them, with the exception of Alex turned into there animagus form. Annie was a fox with big ears, Vee was a jackal with golden fur, and -let's just say- Michelle took the saying 'mama bear' way to seriously.

"Okay, here goes nothing." Alex took a few deep breaths before scrunching up her face in concentration. After multiple failed attempts she became a brown wolf thing.

"Hey Alex, what animal is that?" Vee asked. The wolf thing looked at itself before letting out various sounds that reminded me of a chihuahuas bark. "In human, if you may." Vee was trying to withhold a laugh.

Now, with Alex back to normal, she said, "Its an aardwolf!" Seeing our looks of confusion she explained, "Its my absolute favorite animal! It's so cute, as you just saw, and extremely intelligent!"

"I want to become an animagus too!" I whined.

"Believe me sister, we'll have enough on our plate." Annie said.

"Maybe after we get used to this whole wolfie problem."Michelle added.

"We should call it by code so people don't know that's what we're talking about. How bout okami?" Annie asked.

"Okami? What the Merlin does that mean!" I asked.

"It means 'wolf' in Japanese. Duh." She replied.

"Yeah, duh." Alex and Vee chorused.

"Actually, we should all have nicknames." Annie suggests.

After a half an hour of debating, arguing, and fighting over our nicknames we came up with the ones we liked. Or more like Annie came up with them, we more agreed.

"Okay so Christina is Kiama, Michelle is Mishka, Vee is Aurelia, Alex is Noonite, and I am Zorro." Annie or Zorro said, pointing to each of us as she assigned our names.

"This is getting too confusing..." Alex said, all of us agreeing.

"Don't worry, we'll only use them around a full moon to remind each other what's about to happen." Annie explained. "Which reminds me, its in three days."