On Our Way Home (James POV)

"Why so worried? Has Lily not glared at you for a while?" Sirius asked.

"Oh no, that can't be it. She snapped at him just before the train left. Remember?" Remus added.

"Oh yes, how could I be so foolish? I even think she called him a moldy toe-rag..." Sirius replied.

"Oh! You must be mistaken! For she called him a rotten toe-rag..." Peter trailed of and then all of them laughed at their act. I even clapped.

"No it just seems like something odd is going to happen this Christmas..." I couldn't place a finger on it but something certainly didn't feel right.

"Have a Bertie Blotts." Sirius suggested.

The rest of the train ride we ate candy and joked around.

"Try this one." Remus handed me a mint colored candy. "It's supposed to make you act like a lion." 

Sure enough the next thing I knew I was roaring and growling just like a lion.

"And what, may I ask, is all of the noise in here?" A beautiful voice asked. I turned and saw Lily standing in the doorway of the compartment.

"Oh... you know just getting into the holiday spirit." Sirius explained. Lily turned to leave but before she could Sirius yelled out, "Evans?"

"Yes, Sirius?" She said stiffly turning back around with her all too familiar glare.

"Are you excitited to come to James' after the train ride?" Lily's parents couldn't pick her up from Kings Cross so she would be coming home with us where her parents will pick her up.

"I'd rather smash my head in a car door." And with that she left.