[29] Going Home

I had almost forgotten that the exam results were still to come, but come they did. To their great surprise, both Harry and Ron passed with good marks; Hermione, of course, had the best grades of the first years. I had the second to best grades of the first years, believe it or not. I guess having Hermione as my best friend really pulled it off for me.

Even Neville scraped through, his good Herbology mark making up for his abysmal Potions one. We had hoped that Goyle, who was almost as stupid as he was mean, might be thrown out, but he had passed, too. It was a shame, but as Ron said, you couldn't have everything in life.

And suddenly, our wardrobes were empty, our trunks were packed, Neville's toad was found lurking in a corner of the toilets; notes were handed out to all students, warning us not to use magic over the holidays ("I always hope they'll forget to give us these," my brother, Fred Weasley, said sadly); Hagrid was there to take us down to the fleet of boats that sailed across the lake; we were boarding the Hogwarts Express; talking and laughing as the countryside became greener and tidier; eating Bettie Bott's Every Flavor Beans as we sped past Muggle towns; pulling off our wizard robes and putting on jackets and coats; pulling into platform nine and three-quarters at King's Cross Station.

It took quite a while for all of us to get off the platform. A wizened old guard was up by the ticket barrier, letting us go through the gate in twos and threes so we didn't attract attention by all bursting out of a solid wall at once and alarming the Muggles.

"You must come and stay this summer," Ron said, "both of you--we'll send you an owl."

"Thanks," Harry told us, "I'll need something to look forward to."

People jostled us as we moved forward toward the gateway back to the Muggle world. Some of them called:

"Bye, Harry!"

"See you, Potter!"

"Still famous," Ron said, grinning at him.

"Not where I'm going, I promise you," said Harry.

Harry, Ron, Hermione, and I passed through the gateway together.

"There he is, Mom, there he is, look!" It was Ginny Weasley, Ron's and my younger sister, but she wasn't pointing at Ron.

"Harry Potter!" she squealed. "Look, Mom! I can see--"

"Be quiet, Ginny, and it's rude to point." Mum smiled down at us.

"Busy year?" she asked.

"Very," said Harry. "Thanks for the fudge and the sweater, Mrs. Weasley."

"Oh, it was nothing, dear."

"Ready, are you?" It was a purple-faced, mustached, man looking furious at the nerve of Harry, carrying an owl in a cage in a station full of ordinary people. Behind him stood a tall, skinny blonde woman and a pudgy blond little boy, looking terrified at the very sight of Harry. Oh, god, Muggles.

"You must be Harry's family!" Mum said.

"In a manner of speaking," the purple-faced man said. "Hurry up, boy, we haven't got all day." He walked away.

Harry hung back for a last word with Ron, Hermione, and me.

"See you over the summer, then," he told us.

"Hope you have -- er -- a good holiday," Hermione said, looking uncertainly after Harry's uncle, shocked that anyone could be so unpleasant.

"Oh, I will," said Harry, and we  were surprised at the grin that was spreading over his face. "They don't know we're not allowed to use magic at home. I'm going to have a lot of fun with Dudley this summer...."

Harry started to head over to his family, but I hurried after him. I grabbed his hand, pulling him to a stop. He looked back at me and his face became concerned.

"What is it, Rory?"

I smiled. "Don't let the Muggles get you down, Harry. Soon enough we'll be back at Hogwarts. But if you ever need anything, I'll always be here for you."

Harry glanced down at the bracelet I wore on the hand I was holding his with

Harry glanced down at the bracelet I wore on the hand I was holding his with. He brushed a finger along its chain before looking back up at me.

"Promise?" Harry asked, his eyes vulnerable.

I held up my pinkie. He smiled slightly before curling his own around mine.

Promise.

Harry's eyes widened. "Oh, yeah, it's going to be weird without you inside my head. I've gotten so used to the comfort of it."

"You needn't worry, I'll never be too far away. I'll write you tons of letters as long as you write me back," I teased.

"I will, I'll write to you everyday," Harry grinned.

"Good, now go on. I don't think your family likes me keeping you," I motioned over to the Muggles watching us.

Harry glanced back at them before telling me, "I wish you would keep me. I'll be counting the days until we go back to Hogwarts."

"Then I'll be counting with you," I said, leaning forward to kiss his cheek.

Harry eyes widened and a glint of happiness appeared in his eyes. I think he's finally gotten used to it so the shock doesn't hit him anymore.

I smirked at him. "Have a good summer, Harry. And in case you forget what I look like, you have my enchanted photo."

Harry laughed before giving me a wide smile and walking to his family.

I sighed. One year down. What's next year going to be like? Who knows. But one thing was clear.

This wasn't going to be my last adventure with Harry Potter.

**********
IMPORTANT! READ!
Guys, I totally did not expect to write the whole last three chapters right now, but I did! These were really short, that's why. It's not always going to be like this. Anyway, that's it! It's over, that was the last chapter of book 1. If you wish for a second one then all you have to do is ask. Please vote, comment, or message me on my board. I want to know what you guys think of this and if you'd be willing to read a next one. Thank you so much for reading my story, I am so honored. I hoped you enjoyed it, despite all my late updates and such. Have a great day and don't be shy to demand a sequel from me!