Packing For The Tour (Short)

The alarm on Jared's phone started buzzing, letting him know nap time was over and it was time to prepare for the trip. He pulled the covers over his head for a few moments, relishing in the comfort before the work. Eventually he got up, took a deep breath, and got ready. Hoping you'd come in soon to distract him.

Jared threw his gucci suitcase on his bed, unzipped it, and began throwing in random clothes he'd need while he was away. Some flannels, mars tees, beanies, camo pants the usual for him. He heard the light foot steps of his daughter approaching and cracked a small smile when she peaked her head through the door. He continued packing, fully aware of what was about to come.

You made your way to the bed and crawled in, taking his pillows to rest on. Pulling out your phone you mindlessly scrolled through instagram pretending you didn't have a care in the world.

Jared pulled a blanket off the end of the bed and threw it over his daughters head playfully. When she emerged out from under it she used it to snuggle more and she continued on her phone. He walked back and forth into his closet getting more stuff to pack.

The suitcase started to reach its max so you reached your foot inside and started pulling out items with tour toes. , keeping your eyes on the phone.

"Baby" Jared said with a laugh "Im gonna need that".

His daughter stayed silent as he picked up the clothes her feet stole and put them back in the suitcase. He made one last trip into his closet to retrieve his checkered vans and upon return, even more items were taken out and thrown across the bed. His daughter still sitting silently.

Jared wasn't mad, he couldn't be, every bone in his body loved it really. This was always her way of telling him she hated when he left. To him, being wanted was the best thing in the world. His daughter protesting him leaving meant that he did something right as a dad. Women in his life and friends could come and go, his brother and band mates could get mad at him, the media could scrutinize him, but his daughters love was always there. It's what he wished he had with his dad and every time he saw his daughter display her affections, it was a big fuck you to the man who abandoned him. Even when she was mad at him herself her love was still constant and pure for him. How could he be mad when he had that?

"You know..." He began, lifting up the covers off her feet to tickle them. "You used to do the same thing when you were little".

"mmmmhmmmm" you replied trying not to smile.

"Except you'd sit right next to the suitcase and every single thing I'd pit in you take it with both hands" he grabbed a flannel to demonstrate "and throw it with all your mite" he tossed it on top of his daughters head "then you'd sit your little body inside the suitcase".

You pulled the flannel down and wrapped it up in your hands, keeping it close to your nose. It smelled like your dad and knowing he'd be gone soon, you wanted that feeling as much as possible. It was fun to joke around but the inevitable goodbyes were weighing heavy on you.

"I was so subtle when I was little" you smiled up at him clicking your phone off.

"Oh how things change" he said sarcastically tickling your feet again.

You kicked them away and under the covers. You dad began to gather the clothes your pulled up again and repack them. You knew he had to do it but like hell you were going to make it easy. You kicked the suitcase right off the bed. Showing him it was more than just teasing, you were upset.

Jared sighed after it landed on the floor. He picked it up and placed it back on the bed dropping the clothes in. He saw his daughters foot about to repeat the incident but he grabbed it stopping her.