The Flea and the Acrobat pt 1

Song – Carry on Wayward son by Kansas

CHAPTER SIX

Lee's POV

"why can't I come with you?"I ask as my uncle drove me to the wheeler's house, "because it's dangerous and I need you to stay with the three boys and make sure they don't do anything stupid."he said as we stopped in their driveway. I haven't told him about El or that she contacted Will well kind of anyway, if the people who had El capture him I can't risk him telling them about El.

*

nobody's POV

"What was Will saying?"Mike asked "Like home, Like home but dark"he answered himself. "and empty"Lucas added, "and cold, wait did he say cold?"Dustin asked. "I don't know the radio kept going in and out"Lucas answered. "like home, like his house?"Mike asked "or like Hawkins!"Lucas said, "that's what Lee said, that it was like home but scary and dark and cold"Dustin said "she also said the air was a little hard to breath, that it smelled like toxins"Lucas said.

"so lets find her and ask more about it"Lucas said, "Lucas she's really upset about all this, she blames herself and is traumatized by everything including what happened to her family, she's been getting better with what happened and this whole thing with Will might push her over the edge."Mike said clearly very worried about both Will and Marilee.

The boys remembered how sad Lee was when she first came to Hawkins after her parents died and how heartbroken she was. "i know, but she can help us find Will"Lucas said, and just then the door in the basement opened and Marilee walked in.

*

Lee's POV

"what's wrong?"I ask the boys as they looked at me, they looked sad. "we wanted to ask you more about The- um"Lucas said before being interrupted by El, "the Upside down." "but we didn't want to upset you"Dustin said "yeah"Lucas said. I smiled "I'll be okay guys, really"I said sitting on the stairs next to Dustin.

"right now we need to focus on finding Will"I said, "what happened to you after you left the school?"Mike asked. "my uncle picked me up and we went to the coroners and, we were right Will's body is a fake, filled with stuffing"I said "that's messed up"Dustin said. "you didn't tell him about El, right?"mike asked, i shook my head no and El smiled at me, I smiled back and Dustin got up and got Mike's D&D book out.

"The Vale of Shadows, is a dimension that is a dark reflection or echo of our world, It is a place of decay and death"he read "A plane out of phase, a place of monsters"he said looking up "It is right next to you and you don"t even see it." "An alternate dimension"Mike said, "but...how do we get there?"Lucas asked. "You cast Shadow Walk"Dustin answered.

"In real life, Dummy"Lucas said, "well we can't Shadow Walk, but...maybe she can"Dustin said looking over at El, we then all looked over at El and Mike asked "do you know how we get there? to the Upside Down?" El shaked her head no and Lucas sighed in disappointment.

*

Next morning

I got up and looked around our trailer, my uncle was in his pajamas passed out. The whole living room/ kitchen was mess and I don't even know if he went to the lab to look for Will. I went back to my room and changed into a black spaghetti strap dress that went just below my knees and a pair of flats, I then got my jean jacket off my chair next to my desk.

After grabbing my Bible I walked out to my truck and drove to the funeral. My uncle helped me buy this truck last year but i mostly use my bike to go short distances like Will's house or Dustin's. as I arrived I saw the boys standing in front of the casket which held fake Will's body. As the preacher started talking I zoned out and remembered the first time I met Will.

I sat at the library studying with Johnathan for our anatomy test coming up. "Hey Jonathan!"a young boy said walking up to the table where we were sitting. "Hey Will, this is Marilee"Johnny said.

"Marilee this is my brother Will"he said as Will smiled, "it's nice to meet you Johnathan talks about you a lot"Will said making me laugh. "Will!"Johnny said "what? You do"will said .

"Can you take us to the arcade now?"Will asked his brother, "I'm sorry bud but I gotta work in a few minutes maybe next weekend"Johnny said. "Who's us?"I ask "me and my friends there's four of us"Will said.

"I can take them"I said looking at Johnny, "you don't have to"he said not wanting me to be forced to. "I know I want to"I said Will smiled "thank you!"he said as I put my books in my backpack and Will grabbed my hand when I was done "I'll introduce you to my friends"he said as we walked out of the library.