The Upside Down pt 1

Song – when it's cold I would like to die by Molby

CHAPTER ELEVEN

Lee's POV

I sat on the top of the bleachers thinking about Will and about poor Barbra neither of them deserved this. I'm also worried about my uncle, what if that thing gets him? Then what are we going to do?

I stood up and walked down the bleacher steps passing the boys and El. I walked out of the basketball court and saw Johnny and Nancy walking out of the gym. "Hey!"I said making Johnny turn around, "you can wait in my car if you want"He told Nancy who nodded and walked out.

"What are you doing?"I ask, "that thing is still out there and my mom and your uncle are walking in there like bait"he said, "my uncle can take care of himself, and what are you going to do!? take a picture of it again?"I ask wanting him to stay here where it was safe.

"Look I can't just sit here and do nothing, I have to help"he said "you wouldn't be doing nothing, we're protecting the kids"I said angrily gesturing to the gym doors, trying to convince him to stay.

"Eleven has superpowers she can protect them if–"he said, "you could die!"I interrupted loudly, he sighed. "I-I can't lose you too"I said my voice breaking, he looked at me surprised then confidence filled his face. "come with me"he said apologetically "don't go"I said, he then realized I wasn't leaving the boys and El. "I'll see you when this is over"he said before walking out and leaving me alone.

I watched as he drove away, then sniffled and wiped the tears from my eyes. I heard the door behind me open and mike walked up to me, he saw how worried I looked and then looked outside and saw Johnny's car wasn't there.

"They left?"he asked in disbelief, I nodded and looked at him "where are they going?"he asked

"To Stop the Demagorgon"I said, we then walked back into the basketball court and the boys looked at me as I walked over to them. "Did they leave? We heard yelling"Dustin said, Lucas slapped his shoulder as if to tell him to shut up."Uh yeah they um, went to try and kill the Demagorgon"I said.

"They just left?"Lucas asked, I nodded and sat down next to El. "But you won't right?"Lucas asked, "not a chance"I said smiling.

*

"Guys, this is crazy. We can't just wait around"Mike said, "Mike, In case you forgot the bad men are still looking for us." Lucas said, I got up from sitting on the bleachers and walked over to them. "Yeah and we don't even know where your sister is, just that she's taking on the Demagorgon with bear traps"Dustin said.

"El can find them"Mike said, "no Mike we are staying here where it's safe"I said. "I agree, I still think we should stick with the Chiefs plan"Dustin said, "Exactly, We stay here and keep El out of sight and keep her safe, that's the most important thing, remember?Besides she's with Johnathan"Lucas said.

"Yeah and she's kind of a badass now"Dustin said before turning around and walking to the door. "Where are you going?"I said sounding like a Mom, "yeah, you just said stick to the plan"Mike said.

"I am I'm just gonna go get some chocolate pudding, I'm telling you Lunch lady Phyllis hoards it all"Dustin said, "are you serious!?"mike asked as Lucas and I followed him. "El needs to be recharged!"Dustin answered as we walked out of the Gym and into the school.