The Next King

Ahadi and Uru have been King and Queen for quite a while now. Uru's father Mohatu and mother Asali had been the previous king and queen. Because of hyenas that Mohatu bravely fought by himself, he was outnumbered and died. Asali the late queen had died from old age. Queen Uru has just had two cubs with King Ahadi because they were in need of an heir to take over the kingdom when they pass.
One of them had fur coloured like Ahadi's which was a very bright yellow / golden colour named Mufasa, ( Muffy for short) and the other with a fur colour similar to Uru's which was a brown / red sort of colour named Taka. They're both boys.

Uru's POV ( point of view )

I have been laying in the comfort of my own home in my cave in Pride Rock for a while now and I'm watching the sun rise shining through into the cave. You're probably wondering why I haven't left Pride Rock in a while and that is because I have laying beside me, my two beautiful and adorable sons Mufasa and Taka who are only a couple of weeks old. My husband who is also King of the Pridelands is doing his morning patrol as usual. I am Queen of the Pridelands and I don't mean to brag but everyone in my kingdom adores me probably because of my good heart.

Ahadi my husband walks into the cave.

"Gorgeous day isn't it?" I ask Ahadi.

"Not as gorgeous as you but certainly a near second." He says to me.

My heart flutters and then I start to blush, thankfully my fur is already red so I don't have to worry. I smile at him.

"How are our little twins doing?" Asks Ahadi smiling down at the two cubs who were sleeping beside me with they're eyes shut.

"Well I actually have some very good news! They both opened their eyes this morning!" I said with excitement.

"Wow!" Ahadi exclaimed. "That is good news! What are the colours of them?"

Well Taka has green eyes just like yours, and Muffy has ruby coloured eyes very similar to mine." I told him.

Ahadi paused. "Since Mufasa was born first then he will become the next King."

Ahadi was right I thought, then said. "Well then, time to have the ceremony to show everyone in the Pridelands our two very handsome young men now that they have their eyes are open and they will be able to see everyone."

"I just don't know what we're going to do about Taka. We will have to tell him someday." Ahadi said with worry.

I'm sure he will understand when he's older. "Let's not tell them who will be king until they're a bit older. Just let them grow up a bit."

Ahadi nodded in agreement. We then picked up the the two cubs by the scruff. I was carrying Taka and Ahadi was carrying Mufasa.

We exited the cave where we met Basara the mandrill who also had a baby of her own on her back named Rafiki.

Basara blessed them and then picked up our two cubs in each hand and held them over the edge of Pride Rock for everyone to see.