Almost A Date

Sarabi's POV

The afternoon sun is warming my Tan coloured fur while I'm laying on my back so relaxed with my eyes closed.

"Hey Sarabi!"

I hear a voice call my name then hear footsteps coming towards me. I open my eyes and sit up to see Mufasa standing in front of me with flowers in his mouth. "Hey Muffy."

Muffy walks to my side. "I got some flowers for you." He places it in front of me.

This is so sweet. Why is he being so sweet? "Aww Muffy that's so sweet, how come?"

"Well when I saw this pretty flower , it made me think of you b-because you are also pretty."

I can feel a big grin appearing on my face. Should I tell him how I feel? Yeah I'm just going to say it. "Muffy?"

"Yeah Sarabi?" He answered back.

Just say it, I think to myself. "I really like you."

"I really like you too."

Dang it he's not getting what I'm trying to say to him. "No Muffy I mean I really, really, really like you. A lot."

"Yeah and I really, really, really like you a lot."

Then my best friend Sarafina walks up to us. "Okay let me settle this." She says.
"Sarabi, Mufasa is in love with you!

"What?!" I ask surprised.

Sarafina then continues. "Mufasa."

"Yeah?" He asks gazing into my eyes not really listening to what Sarafina is saying.

"Sarabi is also in-." I cut her off by putting my paw over her mouth stopping what she's about to say then nudge her away so I can talk to him myself.

"I love you too Muffy."

"You do?" A smile starts to overcome his face. "Um... Sarabi? "Will you maybe... uh... go out with me?"

Omg did Muffy just ask me on a date? This is so exciting. "Are you asking me on a date?"

"Haha." He laughs nervously. "Yeah."

Sarafina interrupts. "Well my job here is done." She walks away.

"Well do you wanna race with me to the waterhole?" I suggest.

"No." He says.

"No?" What does he mean by that.

"I'm gonna take you on a real date." I can feel myself start to blush.

"A real date?"

"Yeah maybe we could walk around the Pridelands for a bit and talk you know...just the two of us. Then when it gets dark we could lay together on the grass and watch the stars for a bit."

"Aww Muffy that sounds so romantic. I would love to."

"You would?"