Where Were You?!

Jasiri's POV

The next day...

"Wake up!" I hear a yell.

"Huh what?"

"Jasiri...I have to go back home." Said Sarafina.

It was early morning and the suns rays began to peek its way through the jungles leaves.

"Five more minutes." I say with one eye open. "I'm tired."

She giggles. "I bet you are." I feel her lick my cheek.

"Alright I'm up." I get up and stand on my four paws.

She nuzzles into my mane.

"Well good morning to you too. What puts you in such a happy mood?"

"I think you know."

I chuckle. "I sure do." I stroke her chin gently with my tail and we make our way over to the river for a drink before our long journey.

-------------------------------------------------------

Sarafina's POV

In the Pridelands that afternoon...

I said goodbye to Jasiri at the borders of the Pridelands, then I started to walk back home. I really wish that I could be with Jasiri more.
Last night...I fell in love with him.
But I have responsibilities. I am the leader of the hunting party and my best friend is the future Queen, I wouldn't miss that for the world.

When I got to Pride Rock, I saw Sarabi run up to me. She looked mad.

"Sarafina where have you been?! I've been looking for you everywhere!"

"I'm sorry."

"Well you should be. You're lucky that we had so much food left over from yesterday that it was just enough to feed the pride!"

I didn't speak. I just stood there. I didn't know what to say.

"I'm so disappointed in you Sarafina! You abandoned your hunting party and me. Just tell me where you were!"

Geeez someone is having a mood swing.
"Hey if we're planning on telling secrets then why don't you tell me yours!"

"I don't know what you're talking about!"

"Yes you do!"
All eyes watched us as we were having our very loud argument.

"No, I don't keep secrets from my best friend...Unlike you!"

"Oh then shall I tell everyone what I overheard you and Mufasa talking about yesterday after the wedding?!"

Sarabi grabbed me by the ear and dragged me to a spot hidden behind a bush.

"You were the one who was eavesdropping on our conversation?" She whispered.

"Yes and I'm so happy for you Sarabi. Why didn't you just tell me you were having a cub?"