Chapter 2 - Leaving So Soon?

July 20, 2002

Today had been boring, as usual. Ted, volunteering at the watermelon fields, Chris still finishing chores, and Aiden leaving school early for no apparent reason. Ted was just heading home when he got a call from his mother. They were moving. He dropped his phone in shock. 'What will Chris say? How will he react?' Those thoughts stuck with him the whole way home. Chris met him at his doorstep as usual and smiles. "Hey- Ted? What's wrong?" Ted looked down, inhaling deeply. "Chris, I don't know how to break this to you. I'm moving." Chris's eyes started to flow with tears, hugging Ted as tight as he could. "You-you're moving? But...why?" Ted's eyes started to water as well, weakly shrugging. "So, this is goodbye?" Chris said, sighing and wiping away his tears. Ted looked at him and nodded slowly, sniffling. "Well, goodbye Ted. I'll never forget you. I hope someday we'll get to see each other again." he turns away and disappears, still sniffling. Ted put his head in his hands and slid down his door, trying his best not to cry. This feeling....what was it? He felt alone, abandoned and something he'd never felt before: grief. Sure, he'd gone through a lot in his life, but this affected him so much more than anything he's ever experienced. He soon walks into his house and packs his things, almost sobbing. After that, he slowly cried himself to sleep.

Chris runs home, wiping his mascara-stained tears as he walks into his house. Aiden notices and looks up, rolling his eyes and soon looking back down at his DS. Chris sighs and walks to his room, flopping onto his bed. 'Why am I feeling like this? Ted's moving.... he'd still keep in touch, wouldn't he?" thoughts of abandonment flowed Chris' mind, causing him to break down in tears and cry for hours. Before he fell asleep, one lone thought lurked in his mind- 'will I ever feel the same again?'

//so sorry about the long wait, guys. I couldn't think of anything for the newest chapter, so I just typed this up in about five minutes as a filler I guess. Next chapter will be out ASAP//