Chapter Three - You've Changed

July 21, 2002

Chris's eyes opened to his mother bent over him, a frantic look in her eyes. He sits up, confused and looks at her. "Mom? Are you okay?" She shakes her head, putting a hand on his cheek. "Mom, what happened?" She sighs and lifts his head up with her finger, tears filling her eyes. "Honey, something's wrong with you, just look at yourself." Chris gets up and gets a mirror, dropping and shattering it in shock. His eyes were dim and had rings around them, and as he looked down, he looked visibly weaker. Kate looked at Chris worriedly. "Chris, what happened to you?" He jolts up and looks around. "I have no idea..." He runs to the restroom and wipes the tears that were now streaming down his face. 'what the hell is going on...' as that thought runs through his head, his eyes filled with panic. 'is this all because Ted is leaving?' Chris wipes all of his makeup off and reapplies it, but it doesn't hide the pain he was going through. He walked down the hallway and into the living room, sighing and flopping on the couch. Aiden looks over at him, but soon loses interest and turns his attention back to his video game. Chris tries to smile his direction, but for some reason can't even keep a smile on his face.

[meanwhile, at Ted's new home...]

Ted hadn't slept at all. He gets up and heads towards the hallway, walking straight into a wall. 'what on earth has gotten into me...' he sighs and pulls himself up, glancing at his phone and biting his lip. 'nah, Chris wouldn't respond to me, why did I even think of him...' he stared at his phone and sighed, pulling up his profile and staring at his picture. 'I miss you, Chris, more than you'll ever get to know.' he turns off his phone and turns away from it, his bottom lip trembling. HE had everything he wanted at his old home- friends, most of his family, and he was happy there. But now it seems as everything was going to go downhill- and fast.