The Calm Night.

As the sun dips below the horizon, a serene tranquility descends upon the streets of Vale. The usual hustle and bustle have given way to a calm stillness, broken only by the soft echo of footsteps on the cobblestone. A solitary figure, a young boy, strolls under the warm glow of a lamp post, the rhythmic melody from his earphones his only companion.

The gentle light from the lamp post dances across his features, revealing a youthful face framed by hair that catches the light just so. His skin, touched by the soft glow, adds to the picture of a boy on the brink of adolescence, out alone on this quiet night.

His journey brings him to a halt in front of a quaint store, its sign reading "From Dust Till Dawns." He pulls out his scroll, the screen illuminating his face in the dim light. His eyes scan the picture and coordinates displayed on the screen, each detail matching the shop standing before him.

A sigh escapes his lips, a soft sound in the quiet night. He stands there, caught in a moment of indecision, the shop's entrance beckoning him. The question hangs in the air - to enter or not? The answer, like the boy himself, is lost in the quiet serenity of the Vale night.

MAIN CHARACTER:

These names get cheesier and cheesier...but it's not like I have a choice. Most of the shops are already closed.

Stepping into the shop, the quaint chime of the bell above the door announces his arrival. The soft echo of the bell lingers in the air, mingling with the faint scent of old books and dust. His eyes take in the surroundings, the shelves lined with an array of items, each with its own story to tell.

His gaze is drawn to the counter, where an elderly man stands. The lines on his face speak of years gone by, his eyes twinkling with a warmth that instantly puts him at ease. The man, presumably the shopkeeper, greets him with a friendly wave, his smile as welcoming as the cozy interior of the shop.

With a sense of curiosity, he begins to navigate his way through the maze of shelves towards the counter. Each step brings him closer to the heart of the shop, the anticipation building within him. As he nears the counter, he slips off his headphones, the music fading away to be replaced by the comforting hum of the shop. He lets the headphones rest around his neck, a silent symbol of his transition from the outside world into the welcoming embrace of the shop.

MAIN CHARACTER:

(Pulls out his scroll, showing an image of a Dust Crystal to the shopkeeper)

Do you have one of these?

SHOPKEEPER:
(Looks at the Scroll and nods his head.)

Yeah, we do. Just give me a few seconds to get it.

With a nod, the shopkeeper retreats into the depths of the store, disappearing amidst the labyrinth of shelves to fetch the requested item. Left alone, he finds his attention wandering, his gaze landing on a figure nestled in the book section.

A girl stands there, her short black hair catching his eye. The tips of her hair are tinged with a vibrant shade of red, a stark contrast against the monochrome backdrop of the books. She's cloaked in a red hood, a striking figure amidst the muted colors of the shop. Her headphones are on, the soft hum of music barely audible in the quiet store. She seems lost in her own world, oblivious to the presence of another customer.

His attention is pulled back as the shopkeeper reappears, a small crystal cradled in his hands. He places the crystal on the counter with a soft clink, the sound echoing in the quiet store. The sight of the crystal brings him back to the present, his focus returning to the task at hand.