The Initiation Part 1.

In the background, you can hear birds chirping. You wince a little as you open your eyes because the sun is directly in your face. You take a few moments to adjust and get out of your bedroll. As you awaken, you notice that it is morning and that half of the students in the ballroom have already risen and are getting ready. You made the same decision as you packed your belongings and bedroll. You push them into a corner and pull out a small bag. This is your shower bag. You'll find your toothbrush, toothpaste, facial cleanser, and shampoo inside. With everything in order, you proceed to the shower area. After 10 minutes of showering, you exit the shower and return to your backpack. You notice a card fell out of one of your bag's pockets as you try to put the shower bag inside. When you pick it up, it has the number 69A written on it. You have no idea what this card represents. While inspecting the card, the boy from yesterday who wanted to ask if you could share your extension plug notices your puzzled expression. 

HUNTSMAN IN TRAINING:

Oh, you got your card too? That's for your locker where they put your weapon and the rest of your stuff there.

MAIN CHARACTER:

Oh, thanks.

With the mystery of the card solved, you finish packing your belongings and proceed to the location where your weapon is kept. As you get closer to the locker room, you notice that there are several other people heading there, as well as people leaving with their weapons. You deduced that you are in the right place. While looking for the locker, you glance at your card, muttering the number on it.

MAIN CHARACTER:

Hmm...Locker number 69. Nice.

(Yes, I have a very juvenile sense of humor, sue me.)

You eventually locate the locker and input the card. You hear a clicking sound and notice a light on the corner of the locker turn on, indicating that it is now unlocked. When you unlock the locker, you notice all of your belongings inside, including your spear. You quickly inspect your weapon and, seeing that nothing appears to be wrong with your spear, you strap it to your back. You glance into the locker to see if the remainder of your belongings are still inside. Your Dust ammunition bandolier, as well as your utility belt, are both inside. You put them on your body and, once everything is in place, you close the locker and head to exit the locker area. On your way out, you hear two familiar voices. You slowly approach where the familiar voices are coming from.

YANG:

Well, remember, Ruby, you're not the only one going through initiation. If you wanna grow up, you're going to have to meet new people and learn to work together.

RUBY:

(Annoyed)

You sound just like Dad. Ok, first of all, what does meeting people have to do with fighting? And secondly, I don't need people to help me grow up. I drink milk.

MAIN CHARACTER:

I doubt milk is that effective.